Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden floor, tiles and skirting?

• 20-07-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

we are in the process of updating the hall area with new skirting, wooden floor and about 4 foot of tiles at the front door area.

Whats the best order to install all of this in? Ideally we wanted the skirting on top of the floor to avoid having to use scotias, but are concerned about how this will work with the tiles..the tiles are lower than the wooden floor, would you just fill the gap between the bottom of the skirting and the tile?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You do the tiles first and you will need to check heights carefully to make sure the skirting is seemless.

What we use to do was lay the wooden floor down with the underlay mark it on the wall transfere the line across to the tiles and work backwords from the tile down. You might need to raise the floor a little with leveling compound and a lat to keep it in the area.

If you do be careful you leave enough room for the door to open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,179 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

There is good clearance for the door so that shouldnt be an issue.
    So you are saying that we should find the finished height of the wooden floor and raise the tiled area to meet that?

Whats the "standard" adhesive thickness for an 8mm floor tile? 3-4mm?

Thx!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

GreeBo wrote: »
    There is good clearance for the door so that shouldnt be an issue.
    So you are saying that we should find the finished height of the wooden floor and raise the tiled area to meet that?

Whats the "standard" adhesive thickness for an 8mm floor tile? 3-4mm?

Thx!

Honestly I dont know. But I can give you my tilers number. Tell him i sent you he will be helpful weather he gets the work or not

pm'd

Advertisement