Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Water IN Enniscorthy

Options
  • 20-07-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed a brown colour in the water in enniscorthy town:mad:??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Nialloooo wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed a brown colour in the water in enniscorthy town:mad:??

It's been raining, heavily, and it always seems to have that affect - boil or stick to bottled water if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

It's been raining, heavily, QUOTE]

leave in my house in town for 3 years and this is the first time i have been effected, and i leved in the still all my life and never happened .. very very stange

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I have lived in town for 30 years and I can't remember the water being affected by the rain like this. I called the council and they said it's ok to drink, and has been cleaned. I am still not chancing it

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    I have lived in town for 30 years and I can't remember the water being affected by the rain like this. I called the council and they said it's ok to drink, and has been cleaned. I am still not chancing it

Perhaps you've been drinking too much of the water and it has affected your memory? I have only lived in the town for five years an eternity and it happens every year. :D

I'm in Irish Street and it has not happened here before.
    Perhaps you've been drinking too much of the water and it has affected your memory? I have only lived in the town for five years an eternity and it happens every year. :D

• Advertisement

Padjo1981 wrote: »
    I'm in Irish Street and it has not happened here before.

Maybe your water comes straight out of the Slaney so? :D

It would not suprise me with these houses ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

I'm not in Enniscorthy, but brown water down our way is usually the result when the mains gets busted.

Don't worry, it boost your immune system................unless you die first!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Just thought i'd share what the water was like today at 3pm. This is literally just filling the sink and bath from the cold tap... I did not put anything it it...

Anybody like a drink??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Unless you climate is markedly different from Gorey, it's not the rain. No heavy rain for ages and surely the run off from the last lot would have subsided by now. Council telling porkies as usual.

• Advertisement

Yeah, first thing this morning (7am) no water - no warning either. Came back from Waterford parched at 5.30 and the water was very, very cloudy - down to Dunnes for bottled water and back via the Antique for a pint of Bud! **** happens - especially in DG. :D

Advertisement