Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed login notification

Options
  • 20-07-2010 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

On July 19th I received a Failed Login Notification from Boards.ie. I googled the IP address included in the email and discovered that, from my understanding of the situation, someone using my boards username seems to have been reported for spamming? The IP originates in the US apparently.
    Apologies for my cluelessness, is there any possibility of my boards account having been hacked or phished or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've passed this onto Dav and Darragh, as well as Ross and Conor in case it's a technical issue. One of them will get back to you shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Thanks, we'll look into it and come back to you.

In the meantime please go to http://www.boards.ie/changeprofile and change your password :)

Darragh

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Conor has just got back to me and confirmed that it's a spambot and that this sort of thing happens all the time. More importantly, he's confirmed that it's nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

Thank you for the help!

Advertisement