Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoyed By Rumours, Gareth Bale+Luka Modric

Options
  • 20-07-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

At the moment, i have just been reading on the eurosport transfer speculation commentary that they have, they are saying that a newspaper somewhere in Italy has reported that Juventus have offered €20mil for Gareth Bale, even tho he only signed a new contract, in May, in the space of 2 months, they are saying, that he will be going there, but, why would he leave us, for someone in the Europa League? I for one, am a huge admirer of Gareth, I think his Qualitys are brilliant and work well with our team, on the other hand, there is still alot of speculation that Luka Modric will be leaving us for the Manc scum, but he too, only recently signed a new contract, is anyone else getting annoyed by these stupid rumors, or is it just a case of, ya cant be bothered with listening too the sh** that newspapers report?

We Have a great chance of doing good things this season!
    Cant wait for it to start,

COYS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Balfie wrote: »
    At the moment, i have just been reading on the eurosport transfer speculation commentary that they have, they are saying that a newspaper somewhere in Italy has reported that Juventus have offered €20mil for Gareth Bale, even tho he only signed a new contract, in May, in the space of 2 months, they are saying, that he will be going there, but, why would he leave us, for someone in the Europa League? I for one, am a huge admirer of Gareth, I think his Qualitys are brilliant and work well with our team, on the other hand, there is still alot of speculation that Luka Modric will be leaving us for the Manc scum, but he too, only recently signed a new contract, is anyone else getting annoyed by these stupid rumors, or is it just a case of, ya cant be bothered with listening too the sh** that newspapers report?

COYS!

I'd say it's nothing but pure and utter ****e. I love all these stories about Man United bidding 20m here and 30m there when the fact is they haven't two penny's to rub together at the moment. I can't see Bale leaving for this season at least either. As you said why go to a Europa league club when he has the chance of Champions league football this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Balfie wrote: »

COYS!

I certainly read all these crap stories, but I dont take any notice of them. I have no doubts that Juve or Man Utd would be interested in the 2 players you mentioned, but for the 1st time in a long time, I feel like such players WANT to stay at the club for the right reasons, ie. because we are on the up hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I certainly read all these crap stories, but I dont take any notice of them. I have no doubts that Juve or Man Utd would be interested in the 2 players you mentioned, but for the 1st time in a long time, I feel like such players WANT to stay at the club for the right reasons, ie. because we are on the up hopefully.

Yeah we do seem to be on the up, thank God, its been a long time waiting for us to get somewhere and Harry has done great, his whole backroom team, just worked wonders with the club, just hope now that we can preform the same in the Champions League as we did all season, I hope they do stay, and am glad that they have signed new contracts, and for Harry to extend his contract too, was great news for us as a club,

Edit.... Manager-elect Martin Jol will make Robbie Keane his first summer signing with Whites' owner Mohamed Al Fayed set to hand Jol a £20m transfer kitty (Daily Mail). The Dutchman has also targeted David James and Stephen Ireland. (Daily Mirror) Would it be so bad to let Robbie Go? or Keep him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

its a mark of where we are that the clubs like Man U and Juve are being linked with our players. If the bids are real (and I doubt that) and the players decided to stay with us than that would be a real sign of progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Let him go. Get Bellamy instead. Similar to Keane but much more direct and has confidence, so will score more goals.

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    Let him go. Get Bellamy instead. Similar to Keane but much more direct and has confidence, so will score more goals.

let who go Gareth? or Robbie? I dont mind seeing Robbie leaving, if Pav and Defoe can get the same kinda scoring as last season, we wont need Keane as a bench warmer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Robbie heh. Bale is going nowhere. If we get rid of Keane we still have 4 strikers, assuming we keep Eidur. If we let him go, we need another top notch player, which is what Harry has been harping on about us needing.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Robbie heh. Bale is going nowhere. If we get rid of Keane we still have 4 strikers, assuming we keep Eidur. If we let him go, we need another top notch player, which is what Harry has been harping on about us needing.

It was announced that Eidur would be returning to Tottenham for a second loan spell in the 2010/2011 season

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287306/Eidur-Gudjohnsen-keen-kick-Robbie-Keane-pecking-order-Tottenham-securing-permanent-move.html

Advertisement