Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall-Has he sold out?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I have been a great admirer of his. Loved the cook on the wild side, loved the early rover cottage. However I am starting to think he has kind of sold out a bit. While he still promotes organic and free range food which is good the river cottage has really become a brand. He is now offering accommodation at river cottage some in the farm house and some in a shepherd hunts. For this he charges £100 per night. I mean £100 per night could pay a descent hotel room in this day and age.
    So my questions is do you think he has sold out and is in danger of becoming the exact thing he hated when it all started.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

river cottage .the brand name , has been doing weddings events etc for a long time now .

hats off to the guy ,he has came a long way form frying eels on a pan at the back of a series 2 LR .

he has brought game and the idea of killing ,growing ,catching your dinner to millions , that were ignorant of it .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Moved to food&drink from hunting.

Advertisement