Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go To Guy

Options
  • 20-07-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard of a crowd with a name like "Go To Guy" or something like that who do maintenance work like clearing gutters etc? Had a guy call to the door in Douglas a little while ago and I'm wondering if he's legit or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

MM I havent heard that name, it doesnt sound a very good company name :).. I do know there was a chap doing the rounds a while back, Big heavy English chap I cannot think of his name now but he called looking for my dad who is a contractor enquiry about a tar machine that we had stolen a few years ago, was very very suss...Complete chancer so he was

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dont think this is the guy you saw Milly33, he didnt have an English accent that I remember and I wouldnt describe him as being "big heavy".

Maybe I'm just too suspicious but when someone calls to the door with a 50% discount on their normal price and no business card it doesnt exactly sit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You cant help but be a little untrusting with stuff like that, tisnt a bad trait....Ill ask for you and see if anyone has heard of them aswell if not if you were looking to have work down you should ask him for a reference r something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

there's a lot of lads like this going about the place lately. I received a leaflet for some garden maintenance crowd, hedge cutting etc..straight away noticed the bad punctuation and lack of a land line contact number, enough warnings right there.

Advertisement