Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Current City Weather

• 20-07-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Use to have it while i was on vodafone, but i can't get my HTC Legend to display what city i'm in in the weather app!! Not working now on Meteor:O:mad: Anybody have any fix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Remove the widget, then add it again with the correct location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Have you the mobile internet or the wifi turned on?

You need data connectivity for the location update to work. When it's on go to the weather application and refresh.

Works fine for me on Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Have you the mobile internet or the wifi turned on?

You need data connectivity for the location update to work. When it's on go to the weather application and refresh.

Works fine for me on Meteor.

Sorry it works but just shows up as Ireland, showed up as my current city/town before. Anyone else have a fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

You also have to enable location based services in Menu - Settings - Location, selecting the first one (use wireless networks) is enough for weather to work.

BeciMester wrote: »
    You also have to enable location based services in Menu - Settings - Location, selecting the first one (use wireless networks) is enough for weather to work.

Had that done, still Ireland....... hmmmmm

• Advertisement

JustinOval wrote: »
    Remove the widget, then add it again with the correct location.

Did you try this?

Did you try this?

Im in Galway, so no option to select that (Lucky feckers in Cork and Dublin:rolleyes:). I know what you mean though but i have to go by Current location to get Galway, and it just cant find it, but it used by Galway on Vodafone.

Ah, I get you now. There's no weather info available for where I live either.

Ah, I get you now. There's no weather info available for where I live either.
    jwcurtin wrote: »
    ...showed up as my current city/town before.
    It was working for him but not anymore. :confused:
    In the location setup there are only 3 Irish cities: Dublin, Cork and Derry, but when the app figures out where you are it does give the right name (e.g. Tyrrelstown, Coolmine etc.).
    OP, as a last measure try turning the GPS on and let it get a signal, see if it makes a difference.

BeciMester wrote: »
    It was working for him but not anymore. :confused:
    In the location setup there are only 3 Irish cities: Dublin, Cork and Derry, but when the app figures out where you are it does give the right name (e.g. Tyrrelstown, Coolmine etc.).
    OP, as a last measure try turning the GPS on and let it get a signal, see if it makes a difference.

On Meteor it tells me there is no weather info available, maybe on Vodafone there is, I really don't know.

• Advertisement

On Meteor it tells me there is no weather info available, maybe on Vodafone there is, I really don't know.

?????:confused: sorry its me, i just dont understand. But Becimester does!

It probably has something to do with cell information, maybe Meteor's towers don't actually let the phone know where it is, while Voda and O2 do (I'm on O2). Or maybe only some of the towers don't do it. I dunno.
    I do remember when I first saw cell info display on old Nokias some 15 years ago, how cool it was to see it show the name of the town we were in! :D And I suspect the coarse (gsm/wifi based) location works much the same way.
    @jwcurtin: if you have wifi at home, hook it up and see, mine can tell by my IP address where I am and shows the correct town name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Try turning on GPS and see if it picks up your location properly, if the weather updates with your location then it'll down to the location service not being able to pin you down to the right area.

Sometimes mine tells me I'm in Ireland and then I refresh it manually it figures out where I actually am a few seconds later and have to do another manual refresh to get more local weather.

jwcurtin wrote: »
    ?????:confused: sorry its me, i just dont understand. But Becimester does!

Apologies for the confusion - I'm on Meteor and although it will display my correct location it won't give me weather conditions for that area, but when set to 'Cork' it works fine.

Did you ever have it working with Meteor, or just Vodafone?

This is what I get, top is set to 'Current location', bottom is 'Cork'.

1wzFD.png

^^^
    Oh i see, ok, i get the weather for my current location, but it ALWAYS shows up as Galway on Vodafone, but when i ported to Meteor the other day it only shows up as Ireland.

It now shows Galway!!!!! Dunno what i did! But thanks for all your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

It just does that itself sometimes. Mine would show my location then change to Ireland then change back that night or the day after even.

Advertisement