Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin tattooists

Options
  • 20-07-2010 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey!
    does anyone know where is the best place to go to in dublin for tattoos,i have some already but the didnt turn out great! so really want to find a good place

thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If you read through past posts you'll find this thread has been covered so many times. The thing about tattoos is they are very much about personal taste. One person may love the work of a particular artist while someone else feels that their style is like a kid with a crayon. If it were as easy as a recommendation, there would probably only be 2 or 3 studios in Dublin not the 30 or 40 that exist. Look around and talk to tattooed people. Find a style you like and then talk to the artist, or wait 'til October and have a look at the Dublin Convention. You're bound to find something you like there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

If you read through past posts you'll find this thread has been covered so many times. The thing about tattoos is they are very much about personal taste. One person may love the work of a particular artist while someone else feels that their style is like a kid with a crayon. If it were as easy as a recommendation, there would probably only be 2 or 3 studios in Dublin not the 30 or 40 that exist. Look around and talk to tattooed people. Find a style you like and then talk to the artist, or wait 'til October and have a look at the Dublin Convention. You're bound to find something you like there.

I think the reason the OP posted here was to talk to tattooed people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stormyknight

eh yea thats totally why
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Maybe I should have made myself clearer. What I meant was look at other peoples tattoos and if you like a particular tattoo then talk to its owner. If you talk to people without seeing their tattoos, how will you know that their artist is going to be the one for you. As with any post of this kind, the usual suspect will crop up: Wildcat, Remis, Zulu, JMD etc.
    While of all of these can produce top class work, their style doesn't suit everyone and unless you look around at other peoples tattoos you will limit yourself to someone elses opinion of whats good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stormyknight

ah yea i no what your saying thats totally true!
    thanks for your help,im just new to this and think i should have read further down at what other people were saying!didnt mean it in a "i just want to talk to people with tattoos way":)
    thanks a mill

• Advertisement
Advertisement