Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on Phones: HTC Desire vs HTC Legend vs Nokia N97 Mini

Options
  • 20-07-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All,

Thinking about changing my handset at the moment. Currently have the Nokia E71 which I am very happy with. Loved all the functionality, battery life, ease of use etc etc...

Time for me to upgrade and I want a new toy to play with. I use the E71 as my Irish phone, (I'm living in the UK) so people can call me for free (great roaming with Meteor!!). I have a BB Storm2 as my UK phone which I get all my emails / browsing on that.

My question is:
    Can people provide honest opinions about each of the phones so I can make my choice.... To start with I have heard some bad things about N97..

I will be using the phones mostly for texts and calls and using internet on WiFi at home and in the office.. Too esxpensive to roam on data!

I do like my gizmos and am very techy minded so the more feedback the better!

Mucho thanks
    Spud

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Hi All,

Thinking about changing my handset at the moment. Currently have the Nokia E71 which I am very happy with. Loved all the functionality, battery life, ease of use etc etc...

Time for me to upgrade and I want a new toy to play with. I use the E71 as my Irish phone, (I'm living in the UK) so people can call me for free (great roaming with Meteor!!). I have a BB Storm2 as my UK phone which I get all my emails / browsing on that.

My question is:
    Can people provide honest opinions about each of the phones so I can make my choice.... To start with I have heard some bad things about N97..

I will be using the phones mostly for texts and calls and using internet on WiFi at home and in the office.. Too esxpensive to roam on data!

I do like my gizmos and am very techy minded so the more feedback the better!

Mucho thanks
    Spud
    Hey, as your " techy minded " i think you should defo go with Android.
    Now the HTC Legend is a very Stylish phone with very decent specs, but the Desire is very powerful and is set to receive 720p video recording, full flash etc while the Legend won't, but i think it's still set to get the upgrade to Froyo (Android 2.2)

In my opinion if you want a phone that looks good, but still does the job, get the HTC Legend, but if you want a phone that is powerful, that will be able to watch RTÉ player etc i think the Desire is yours!

I have the Legend and it IS the best phone i've ever had!(Nokia 6310i, Nokia 6210, Nokia N73)But that said i think i'd like the Desire....

Advertisement