Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's around next year (2010/11)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Mossin wrote: »
    I'm technically still a student until the 24th September, then I submit my thesis, and my 5 years as a UL student will be over :(

I'll be looking into a PhD then though, so hopefully I wont be gone for long! [but I am living in Limerick next year anyhow]

Scratch that last post Ninty;

Eternal student ftw here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

On Erasmus in September (If repeats are passed :o ) and then should be back in Semester 2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

cson wrote: »

cson you do know that Ninty is planing to do a masters after this year

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

1st year B.Sc Mental Health Nursing (mature student :D:D) i is a whole 27 years old... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

mayo_lad wrote: »
    cson you do know that Ninty is planing to do a masters after this year

Ah yes, but not necessarily round here ;)

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Ah yes, but not necessarily round here ;)
    Eternal student tongue.gif

I feel that Eternal Student is more about how long your in college no matter whether your in Dit or ul

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Cant wait for it now! only around 5 weeks to go.
    BULBS sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I feel that Eternal Student is more about how long your in college no matter whether your in Dit or ul

Well I'm in my 6th year of college, and hoping for the PhD...good lord, thats ridiculous when you think of it :D

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Cant wait for it now! only around 5 weeks to go.
    BULBS sometime?

BULBS sounds like a great idea!
    They are always a great laugh [when people show up that is!]

BULBS sounds like a great idea!
    They are always a great laugh [when people show up that is!]

Dam coop and being out of the country:mad::mad::mad::mad: can we have more than one this year then :)

• Advertisement

Dam coop and being out of the country:mad::mad::mad::mad: can we have more than one this year then :)

We did organise about 3 last year, but only 1 was a success, so hopefully this year we will have more success!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

We did organise about 3 last year, but only 1 was a success, so hopefully this year we will have more success!

Indeed. People say they want these things, but don't have much interest on the day. The successful one was fun though!

Well I'm in my 6th year of college, and hoping for the PhD...good lord, thats ridiculous when you think of it :D
    Whats your degree in mossin?
    Mr. K wrote: »
    Indeed. People say they want these things, but don't have much interest on the day. The successful one was fun though!
    Well as long as a few do show up, who cares! Been lurking around here a while so I need to know the faces behind all these names.
    Whats DJCR up to next year does anyone know!

Whats your degree in mossin?

I did a diploma in Athlone in 2003-4.
    I did my BBS undergraduate in UL 2005-09.
    I am currently finishing the MBS in International Entrepreneurship Management in UL.
    Well as long as a few do show up, who cares! Been lurking around here a while so I need to know the faces behind all these names.
    Whats DJCR up to next year does anyone know!

DJCR is living with me actually, and afaik he's looking into doing a PhD as well.

If you want to know faces behind names, check out the who's who sticky at the top :)

When are you moving down Ryan? orientation week may be hectic for a BULBS but I'm sure we can manage as a lot of us oldies will probably be around and you newbies will be looking for something to do to fill your evening with nothing on after.

ninty9er wrote: »
    When are you moving down Ryan? orientation week may be hectic for a BULBS but I'm sure we can manage as a lot of us oldies will probably be around and you newbies will be looking for something to do to fill your evening with nothing on after.
    Probably August 29th but i'll have to go home on the Thursday. I will actually be around the campus a bit betewwn now and then though cos im doing AT training. Orientation week probably wont be too good for a meet up alright, id say better wait until the next week.

Probably August 29th but i'll have to go home on the Thursday. I will actually be around the campus a bit betewwn now and then though cos im doing AT training. Orientation week probably wont be too good for a meet up alright, id say better wait until the next week.
    Pop in and say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just come home =D

Seriously...who's gonna keep me on track at exam time this semester :D

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Just come home =D

Seriously...who's gonna keep me on track at exam time this semester :D
    mathew or sean or maybe even your self

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm back after taking a year out...two years left for me giving me a total of six years to get my undergrad (Without failing a thing)! Beat that!

What's the story with orientation actually, I presume all the slots for being a guide are full are they? Completely forgot about it until seeing it here, would be a handy number

• Advertisement

Funkstard wrote: »
    I'm back after taking a year out...two years left for me giving me a total of six years to get my undergrad (Without failing a thing)! Beat that!

What's the story with orientation actually, I presume all the slots for being a guide are full are they? Completely forgot about it until seeing it here, would be a handy number

Welcome back! :)

I was supposed to be an orientation guide again this year, but due to circumstances I will be unable to do it.
    You should try contacting Aidan Healy about it, as I think he's organising the guides again: Aidan.Healy@ul.ie
    There are usually a few guides who dont turn up, and spaces become available - well at least last year that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nagoh

After 4 glorious (pffh!) years of ComSys I'm back for one more for a masters in Infonet Security. Can't wait, the summer is fair boring despite still living 5mins from campus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

mathew or sean or maybe even your self

Don't lie to me!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

fine then derick mite help you study becouse even if i'm in the country i'll have better things to be doing than helping you study

only kiddin you'll do fine with out me

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I shall hopefully be doing my 1st year in Computer Systems! :)

hope to see you guys there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

whats does this orientation craic entail ? ! is it the full week long,

us matures are starting the 16 aug for headstart maths, a week of it, been out of the loop so long and a lot of partying done in-between, dont know will the brain be able for it ! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

starting my phd in september, just finished the degree....feels like i'll be in college forever...not a bad thing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

iPwnage wrote: »
    whats does this orientation craic entail ? ! is it the full week long,

Orientation is only two days long, it's fairly painless. I'm down to be a guide this year, so the whole experience will be much easier on the eye...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Mr. K wrote: »
    Orientation is only two days long, it's fairly painless. I'm down to be a guide this year, so the whole experience will be much easier on the eye...:pac:

Do tell, when does it start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Welcome back! :)

I was supposed to be an orientation guide again this year, but due to circumstances I will be unable to do it.
    You should try contacting Aidan Healy about it, as I think he's organising the guides again: Aidan.Healy@ul.ie
    There are usually a few guides who dont turn up, and spaces become available - well at least last year that was the case.

It's too late to apply now I think. So how would you go about it? Just head down in the morning on the presumption that a few of the guides dont turn up? It will give me an excuse to be down there for the week

Advertisement