Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's around next year (2010/11)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's too late to apply now I think. So how would you go about it? Just head down in the morning on the presumption that a few of the guides dont turn up?

Thats exactly what I'd recommend.
    You could always email Aidan and tell him you are available, and to contact you if somebody does pull-out. That way he'd have your contact details, and if you turn up on the day then you might have a better chance of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Cheers Mossin, I'll see how the hangover is on the morning in question and decide then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Will there be boards soccer this year? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I'm back on the 25th to get my parchment...sure I might hang around until the 31st for orientation and I might even squezze a graduation ball in on the 28th :cool:

Jako8 wrote: »
    Will there be boards soccer this year? :p

Just ressurect the football thread, and see how many are interested in playing.
    I'd be interested in a weekly game, I'd even pay for indoors in others we willing to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Mossin wrote: »
    Well I'm in my 6th year of college, and hoping for the PhD...good lord, thats ridiculous when you think of it :D

Yup - But feck it ........... Phd all the way !!

Just have to get this thesis done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This is a testament to how clued in I am this year but....when do classes start? :o

For some reason I have the 6th in my head.

Yeah Busi_Girl, you are correct, classes return on Monday Sept 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 crimple

Gonna be around for semester 1 then hopefully heading off to USA for coop in the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Back for 4th year Applied Languages, after nearly two years away between co-op and erasmus, kinda scary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Podgoricka

awhh cant wait to get back... well seen my timetable yesterday.. :mad: Im not a morning person.. think my timetable is taking full advantage of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Timetable is still blank for me, not sure if it'll even be up before the beginning of September. Must keep an eye on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

starting law plus,

heading to limerick with no one else that i know :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Public Administration tis sept ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

starting law plus,

Dont worry were a nice enough bunch down here. Youll know loads of people in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

starting law plus,

Same here....kinda scary! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

Welcome everyone, and don't be scared, I went on my own too, best thing I ever done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Law Plus is off the hizzle guys. One year down, 3 to go and not regretting it at all.

I have no idea what Limerick is like..I've really only driven through it?

Is it eays to get around,plenty off stuff,pretty safe and lots to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

entropic wrote: »
    Dont worry were a nice enough bunch down here. Youll know loads of people in no time.

ahh lads i can't wait though :D
    Sophsxxx wrote: »
    Same here....kinda scary! :confused:
    it is a little but hey it'll be a bitta craic :D
    do u got accom?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

I'll be there, starting 1st year Digital Media Design! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Got New Media + English anyway. Yaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Seloth wrote: »
    I have no idea what Limerick is like..I've really only driven through it?

Is it eays to get around,plenty off stuff,pretty safe and lots to do?
    You're coming to UL, not Limerick:p You could easily (if you wanted) never need to go anywhere near Limerick for 4 years. Being a local I'm of course going to say that would be a bad thing, there's lots of good work being done on making the city centre a nicer place to go.

There is a lot of stuff you can do, mostly historical type of stuff, castle, cathedral. There's also the pubs etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jenjenxx

I got the HPSS course...cant wait! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Law Plus is off the hizzle guys. One year down, 3 to go and not regretting it at all.

Got Law plus 2day :D
    Delighted... wat electives do yu do?

ninty9er wrote: »
    You're coming to UL, not Limerick:p You could easily (if you wanted) never need to go anywhere near Limerick for 4 years. Being a local I'm of course going to say that would be a bad thing, there's lots of good work being done on making the city centre a nicer place to go.

There is a lot of stuff you can do, mostly historical type of stuff, castle, cathedral. There's also the pubs etc...

Im guessing its like any other Irish city((not Dublin)) so is it?By stuff to do I ment like food,cinema and nights out n stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

starting law plus,

I'm doin law plus :D SNAP!
    I know a few goin down... But meetn new ppl is part of the adventure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

[

it is a little but hey it'll be a bitta craic :D
    do u got accom?[/QUOTE]
    Yup! Plassey village I think! What about you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Lily92 wrote: »
    Got Law plus 2day :D
    Delighted... wat electives do yu do?

Hi,

I did Economics and Politics. Seems like such a long time ago i decided on it. Economics was a definite for me and i can certainly see me keeping it on for the 4 years. Politics on the other hand was a last minute decision. I wasnt sure between Politics, another Law Elective that you eventually have to take and English, which i grew to like in the LC, but hated before then. I decided Politics would be best for me in the long run and i defintely don't regret it now. It actually turned out to be one of my strongest subjects. I enjoyed the structure of the course, with assessments throughout both semesters and no christmas exam in it. It's definitely built around the student not failing the course, they give marks here there and everywhere. It helped that i had an unreal tutor for both semesters - He realized a lot of the readings we had were boring as f***, so he put modern twists on them.

Have you any ideas about possibilities?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭pecker1992

heading into 1st year of English & history cant wait :D:D:D...anyone else doing it??:D

Advertisement