Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's around next year (2010/11)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

heading to limerick with no one else that i know :eek:

Me too :eek:
    Doing Music,Media and Performance Technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I'll be back in January after 4 months in Canada :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lily92

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you any ideas about possibilities?

Yah i was thinkn of doin the law elective and Psychology!
    But that cud change! Nt too sure on the law elective but defo want to do the psychology.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

It's confirmed. I'll be around next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Lily92 wrote: »
    But that cud change! Nt too sure on the law elective but defo want to do the psychology.

Psychology is easy enough from the people i know that did it last year. The law elective is a good choice, i'll do it in 3rd year i just didnt want a further law based exam in first year as they can be quite hard going with a lot of learning. That said everyone i know that did it, did reasonably well in the exam. If its the same format as last year you'll do labour law in semester one with a female lecture who is very good - But i can't for the life of me remember her name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

I'm doin law plus :D SNAP!
    I know a few goin down... But meetn new ppl is part of the adventure :D

i know no one :/...but hey i guess i'll see you there!!:D
    JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Me too :eek:
    Doing Music,Media and Performance Technology.
    ive a friend whos waiting for second rounds on that course too!..sounds interesting!..musician meself!..sure we'll have a jam sesiun one of the days

i was considering either economics, psychology, extra law. or politics (dont know why but its interesting) so looks like theres a serious possibility ill be seeing you :pac:

oh and ynwa whats politics like considering im coming at it from scratch basically...oh and hows economics like ive a head for maths and all but what would i be doing?cheers!:)

oh and ynwa whats politics like considering im coming at it from scratch basically...oh and hows economics like ive a head for maths and all but what would i be doing?cheers!:)

Believe me, i've no interest in politics, well at least i didn't but it didn't matter at all. The course isn't designed to teach you the history of Fianna Fail and Sinn Fein. Its designed in first semester to teach you what a democracy is, does it work and is there power struggles etc. In second Semester, they teach you about different thinks from Plato and Aristotle to Karl Marx to to the strange thinkings of Michel Foucault. All of which i knew nothing about before college. The lectures and tutor are very good, probably the best i had in any module last year.

This will help

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/727715502.pdf

As for Economincs, i dont think i can stress enough the lack of maths in the course. Having a maths brain will help but its certainly not a pre-requisite. In first semester i felt both lectures were good, however we changed lecturer in second semester and i wasn't impressed with her or her style of teaching. That said i wouldn't let it turn you off it. If you didn't do it for LC it'll be a bit of work, i on the other hand did it for LC so i found it pretty easy going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

i'm coming too! scared. ;)
    anyone to offer a shoulder to cry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I´m back doing 2nd Year Applied Languages. Here for first semester, then fingers crossed for Argentina!
    Have been away working for 2 and a half months this summer so don´t get to UL till the Sunday before we start!:eek:
    Itching to go back. In Madrid at the mo.
    Hi,
    It helped that i had an unreal tutor for both semesters - He realized a lot of the readings we had were boring as f***, so he put modern twists on them.

Lucian Ashworth?
    I took Politics as an elective and he´s the only reason I stayed doing it. Great great tutor and lecturer. I found ad find Politics difficult but he makes it so interesting you invest your time into the things he talks about.

snazzy wrote: »
    Lucian Ashworth?
    I took Politics as an elective and he´s the only reason I stayed doing it. Great great tutor and lecturer. I found ad find Politics difficult but he makes it so interesting you invest your time into the things he talks about.

No i had Kyle Murray. Lucian was fantastic as a lecturer, but Kyle really made the subject for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ExamStresser

1st yr new media + english. Eep.
    Me too! Oh I'm so nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Me too! Oh I'm so nervous!

Me too!! Cya there :p

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

I'm doing Law and Accounting! Can't wait:D

well, if anyone see me around (there should be a pic of me in another thread) please come over and hug me. I might kill myself otherwise or get depression.

pe-cze wrote: »
    well, if anyone see me around (there should be a pic of me in another thread) please come over and hug me. I might kill myself otherwise or get depression.

Aww. You'll be fine. :) I'm sure every first year is somewhat nervous (I know I am :p)

Where are you staying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

People worried about not knowing anyone, don't be!

I know about 30 people all starting in UL this year and they are all sound out people that are easy to talk to and get along with.I'm tellin' ya you'll all have plenty of new friends in no time!

Anybody else for Digital Media Design? Myself and a good friend are both gunna be doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Jako8 wrote: »
    Aww. You'll be fine. :) I'm sure every first year is somewhat nervous (I know I am :p)

Where are you staying?
    Im a bit nervous but im excited too:) Where are you staying jacko? Im in dromroe

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Im a bit nervous but im excited too:) Where are you staying jacko? Im in dromroe

Thomond. Straight across from each other so. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Plasys was recommended for First years so Im stayin there,I know two others goin there as well,one of them in the same place as me,anyone else going there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pkeane

1st year - Architecture.

staying in brookfield hall. anyone else there? let me know what its like any of you guys who where their last year..

• Advertisement

musician meself!..sure we'll have a jam sesiun one of the days

I'll hold you to that :D Now have to decide which guitar to bring :confused:

I'll hold you to that :D Now have to decide which guitar to bring :confused:

ha thats a feckin delimma and a half...i'm just gunna bring a practice amp and the ould les paul!...and an acoustic for singalongs :P

pe-cze wrote: »

i'll hold you to that :pac:
    Believe me, i've no interest in politics, well at least i didn't but it didn't matter at all. The course isn't designed to teach you the history of Fianna Fail and Sinn Fein. Its designed in first semester to teach you what a democracy is, does it work and is there power struggles etc. In second Semester, they teach you about different thinks from Plato and Aristotle to Karl Marx to to the strange thinkings of Michel Foucault. All of which i knew nothing about before college. The lectures and tutor are very good, probably the best i had in any module last year.

This will help

http://www2.ul.ie/pdf/727715502.pdf

As for Economincs, i dont think i can stress enough the lack of maths in the course. Having a maths brain will help but its certainly not a pre-requisite. In first semester i felt both lectures were good, however we changed lecturer in second semester and i wasn't impressed with her or her style of teaching. That said i wouldn't let it turn you off it. If you didn't do it for LC it'll be a bit of work, i on the other hand did it for LC so i found it pretty easy going.

cool man great info i'm tempted on politics now, you should be gave commision or something :pac:

cool man great info i'm tempted on politics now, you should be gave commision or something :pac:

I'm the new President of the Law Society, so it just saves me having to answer these when i meet all of you during Orientation week :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

starting law plus,

heading to limerick with no one else that i know :eek:

im startiing law plus too :D however being only 20 mins from limerick there are a few people i know heading in....but no one on the same course!!

hope i like it....:o

i'll hold you to that :pac:

I hope so!

ha thats a feckin delimma and a half...i'm just gunna bring a practice amp and the ould les paul!...and an acoustic for singalongs :P

I think it'll be my fake sg and a practice amp,possilbly my effects pedal so the acoustic won't be needed.

lallychops wrote: »
    im startiing law plus too :D however being only 20 mins from limerick there are a few people i know heading in....but no one on the same course!!

hope i like it....:o

OMG I love how der is loads of ppl doin Law plus on this thing! Im joinen the gang :D
    Wer are ye stayn??

Thomand 1st years ... P/m meee please :D

• Advertisement

I think it'll be my fake sg and a practice amp,possilbly my effects pedal so the acoustic won't be needed.

and we shall jam the night awayyyyyyyyy :pac:

Advertisement