Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Shops in London?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

I'm going to London on Friday. Aside from Forbidden Planet (which will obviously get a visit), are there any other notable comic shops in London?

I've been in a few randomly over the years, but I'd like to hear about other places!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There are several, and they're generally very good.

Gosh! Comics is my regular local shop, they're opposite the British Museum and have a nice mix of American comics and European/Japanese material, and their selection of small press is quite good too.

Comicana is between Gosh and Forbidden Planet (as in, if you plot a route from the British Museum to Shaftesbury Avenue to get to FP you'll pass it on your left hand side) and is alright for modern comics, but has a wealth of back issues.

There's also Orbital, who've moved in the last few months from a dingy basement shop to a bright 'n' airy new shop that looks lovely in photos (though I haven't been yet in person). Supposedly it's great to wander around, they frequently get original comic artwork to exhibit.

There's also Mega City Comics if you're over in Camden - they have a good selection of material including a reasonable chunk of back issues, but I wouldn't go to Camden just to check it out unless you're after something you couldn't get in any of the others.

I'm sure there are more as well, those are just the ones I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

GOSH is the best comic shop in London and it's just around the corner from Forbidden Planet. Orbital comics is also near by. Bunch of other comic shops further out but honestly you should find anything your looking between those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Wish I was going when Bryan Lee O'Malley's gonna be there! I'll check out those places so.

Ooh, I bought Volume 1 of Ultimate Spidey in Comicana in 2005!

Advertisement