Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

uli84 wrote: »
    went to sky corporate website and there are no openings in Ireland, at least not in the call centre...

Struggling to find a link myself now also. It was definatley there a month ago. They even had a map on the sky website of the location. Its in ballsbridge. Lots of articles you can google to read about them renting space in ballsbridge. They were advertising loads of roles. All i can think is its been pushed back..

Fitzgerald group are opening a new bar in city centre. They are looking for staff. Anyone any idea where the new place will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

liffeylite wrote: »
    Fitzgerald group are opening a new bar in city centre. They are looking for staff. Anyone any idea where the new place will be?

They don't own the Porterhouse by any chance? Been told Lafayette (O'Connell Bridge) is being bought out by Porterhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They don't own the Porterhouse by any chance? Been told Lafayette (O'Connell Bridge) is being bought out by Porterhouse.

Really?

That's the place opposite Q bar, right? Used to be Redz and the United shop?

Weird place for the Porterhouse to be opening up, just around the corner from Central.

Porterhouse is not owned by Fitzgeralds.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Really?

That's the place opposite Q bar, right? Used to be Redz and the United shop?

Weird place for the Porterhouse to be opening up, just around the corner from Central.

Yup that's the one. Found it weird myself, can't find anything online about it but been told it's happening, Porterhouse were in there last week sussing it out.

went to sky corporate website and there are no openings in Ireland, at least not in the call centre...

Released to the press today. 800 plus jobs recruiting now! Located in ballsbridge as mentioned. Great news :-)

Released to the press today. 800 plus jobs recruiting now! Located in ballsbridge as mentioned. Great news :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Does anyone know how do you go about applying to distribute leaflets for shops like Spar and Supervalue and the like? Presume it's outsourced but who is in charge of it? If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Does anyone know how do you go about applying to distribute leaflets for shops like Spar and Supervalue and the like? Presume it's outsourced but who is in charge of it? If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative.

These lads, I've done a bit of it myself.
    Tough work if you're at it all day, which is the best way to do it.
    Up at 5am and home at about 7pm, not my favourite job.

http://www.door2door.ie/

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    These lads, I've done a bit of it myself.
    Tough work if you're at it all day, which is the best way to do it.
    Up at 5am and home at about 7pm, not my favourite job.

http://www.door2door.ie/

Thanks man, will have a look at them, 5am that is early alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

When my son was very young he had a leaflet drop and I used to accompany him sometimes. There were a lot of vicious dogs on the route so I stopped him from doing it. Even a milkman stopped me one day and warned me about a particular dog in one of the houses. Just one of the negatives I'm afraid. Bad weather is another. In the summer in a nice area, it would be great for the exercise though.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    When my son was very young he had a leaflet drop and I used to accompany him sometimes. There were a lot of vicious dogs on the route so I stopped him from doing it. Even a milkman stopped me one day and warned me about a particular dog in one of the houses. Just one of the negatives I'm afraid. Bad weather is another. In the summer in a nice area, it would be great for the exercise though.

I remember having to deliver papers for some religous bull**** propaganda that in theory I was opposed to, but I needed the money, neighbour asked me to do it and I would of hoped that anybody sensible enough would have thrown it away... Anyway, started off grand, got into a routine, until I went into one of these estates, went up to the door, had a sliding door and small porch before you went in, as I got pretty near it, I saw this dog, but thought grand, door is closed, will quickly drop it in and then go... only to realise the ****ing door was open and the dog started barking and went for me, had to leg it out of the driveway as fast as I could.. grrr.

That same day, weather was absolutely ****, and as it was papers I was delivering and I only had a plastic bag to carry them and an awful lot, a lot were blowing like mad/ getting very wet. I eventually callled it a day and told her I delivered as much as I could but the weather was too bad to carry on.

So like you say, when it's not too windy or anything it's not too bad, nor when you're battling yet another irritating dog! Just pop out your ipod and off you go!

Ugh, dogs and bad weather, the memories just flood back in. Hahaha
    I'd say about 10% of the stuff I've delivered was torn to bits by dogs the second I put them in the letter box.
    That and people with "No Junk Mail" signs that have been left out for about 10 years and are now just blank pieces of paper.

I had one lad leg it down the stairs and scream at me, "CAN YOU NOT SEE THE ****ING SIGN?!" I couldn't, there was a blank piece of paper that for all I knew, could have once said, "No milk".
    Once I told him about his useless sign, I looked very embarrassed and sunk back into his hollow.
    The same goes for the eco-mantalists. "Yes, these are made of trees, so put them in the recycling to help the planet."

Thankless job but the money was alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

McCabe's Deli on Tara St. are looking for experienced staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Dundrum shopping centre always has dozens of job openings.Its not that hard to find a job in retail, Im sure blanchardstown, the square and liffey valley (if theyre closer to where you live) have many job openings too!
    Dundrum- job openings.-take your pick and then just ring up.
    http://www.dundrum.ie/about-us/jobs/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

If only it were so easy, you forget how many other people are "finding" those jobs too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Paypal is creating up to 1,000 jobs in Dundalk over the coming years, with 300 being created in 2012.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0221/paypal.html

Great new jobs website where new jobs can be posted for free! www.hireland.ie 2500 jobs currently, 1900 in dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

MACE on Clanbrassil Street, Dublin 8 are looking for Deli staff. Experience in fod serving and bakery required. That's what it says on a sign in the window of the shop.

• Advertisement

I got a job!! :D
    I'm waiting in Skinflint on Crane Lane.

AFAIK, Crackbird (same company) on Dame Street are looking for full time staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Cactus jacks in the Millennium Walkway, North Quays, has a sign in their window looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

imme wrote: »
    Cactus jacks in the Millennium Walkway, North Quays, has a sign in their window looking for staff

Minimum 2 years waiting experience required

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

Beshop Bro's on Baggot St bridge have a sign saying full + part time staff required

The shop opposite Burdocks on Liffey St is looking for experienced retail staff, the shop that has the big DC sign outside, can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Porterhouse Central, Nassau St
    Experienced Bar/wait staff.
    Fluent English essential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

The shop opposite Burdocks is looking for experienced retail staff, the shop that has the big DC sign outside, can't remember the name.

Which Burdocks?

Which Burdocks?

Liffey St, knew I forgot something in my post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Tribe in stephens green shopping centre, must be available midweek.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Hourican's on Leeson St are looking for waiting staff. Sign doesn't say anything about experience.

Advertisement