Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

You must be subscribed to www.publicjobs.ie to apply. Here is the job spec:

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/4408.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

against the grain on wexford/camden street are looking for bar staff, chef and 2nd chef

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Does anyone know of any jobs that are available (admin/office/bar staff/car park attendant/anything) in the rathmines/terenure/Kimmage/Harold's cross areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

panama wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any jobs that are available (admin/office/bar staff/car park attendant/anything) in the rathmines/terenure/Kimmage/Harold's cross areas?

Well Mr simms sweet shop is opening in Rathmines soon, where a shop called postnet used to be,its beside a cafe called ''moda''. Theres a sign on the shopfrint saying staff wanted, so ring that number and see if they have any openings. Working in a sweet shop sounds much better than any of those other things you mentioned:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Well Mr simms sweet shop is opening in Rathmines soon, where a shop called postnet used to be,its beside a cafe called ''moda''. Theres a sign on the shopfrint saying staff wanted, so ring that number and see if they have any openings. Working in a sweet shop sounds much better than any of those other things you mentioned:)

Nothing wrong with admin jobs - I'd kill for an admin job right now, even part time.

• Advertisement

against the grain on wexford/camden street are looking for bar staff, chef and 2nd chef

this sign is still up

Also new noodle place on camden street , called neon are looking for packers, delivery drivers and something else, sorry cant remember the third job title - kitchen supervisor perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Their sister pub, The Black Sheep on Capel St opposite Brereton's Jewellers, is also looking for bar staff and a 2nd chef. Experience is essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

KFC is opening a branch in Charlestown finglas, and I think there's going to be a cinema there as well might be worth checking out.

Also, sorry i don't have the link, but there's 15 data entry clerk position for a government dept (my own feeling is that it might be the passport office though not sure) in Dublin 1. Contact temple recruitment.ie in north wood Santry typing speeds 40 wpm. hope this is of some use to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The 'Chicken Hut' on Clanbrassil Street are looking for staff.

'Staff wanted' sign in the window there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

There's an indian restraunt in Sandymount looking for wait staff (beside post office), a chipper looking for counter staff (borzas behind park) and a bar (mulligans) looking for a day time manager - I think the spar are, or at least were looking for staff up until very recently anyway, can't remember if the sign is still up, but it was for day time counter staff, full time - all in sandymount village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I live in Clare but I'm hoping to move to Dublin really soon, I'm looking for a job, but can't just hand in my c.v as I'm not in Dub :( Would anyone be able to give me emails from places looking for people. I'm not fussy as to where it is, anythings good right now. I have experience in customer service in Dunnes almost 2 years, so I will have to leave this job to go to Dublin. Part time/ Full time. anything would be fantastic.
    I'd like to get a job as soon as possible, hate it here.

Thanks In Advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Lots of places recruit online now, H&M, Boots, Next and Penneys in particular. Jobs.ie covers some other retailers. Dunnes does not of course, but beware that if you get a job in one (and dublin is crawling with them), they will not keep you past 6 months, they won't make anyone permanent.

P.Borza on thomas street looking for staff

abrakebabra in donnybrook looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Hi im a country lad who's just moved to the big smoke to look for a job, i desperately need one! Most experience i have would be as a barman, 4+ years experience. I have applied for a good few of the jobs other users have posted here and am very grateful that we are trying to help each other. Would really appreciate it if people could post up more, if any, jobs that on the go and if i see any ill post em here to help you guys out too. Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Pasta Fresca off Grafton Street looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

The Spar at the Jervis luas stop have a sign in the window, just says apply inside with cv.

Reynolds newsagents/shop etc on abbey street has a sign up looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Black Tie on Baggot Street looking for full time staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

jos28 wrote: »
    Black Tie on Baggot Street looking for full time staff

Very tough business to get a break in. Suit selling is a bit of a closed shop for new recruits, you really need experience in the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

198649.jpg

Shauna's on Capel Street are hiring. I find the advert somewhat hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Finally, it's my calling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Job going for HGV driver: http://www.staff.ie/company/9259.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

O'Briens on Harcourt Road have a sign in window, looking for staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

198649.jpg

Shauna's on Capel Street are hiring. I find the advert somewhat hilarious.

lap dancers required to do what exactly ? LOL

Bike shop on camden street beside ulster bank are looking for sales staff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

psychward wrote: »
    lap dancers required to do what exactly ? LOL

I might be wrong but I'd hazard a guess that it's to do lap dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Supermacs in Hueston station looking for staff. Also the hotel across from the new courts on parkgate street looking for night porter I think it was. There was another place I seen in this area but cant remember now. All were just signs in the window so may not be advertised anywhere online

Lifestyle in Charlestown, Finglas are looking too I think. Also a new McDonalds opening up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

'La Boulangerie' at the corner South Circular Road/Clanbrassil Street (Leonard's Corner) are looking for staff as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zaytoon on Camden St and the Bike shop next to the Palace on Camden St also are both looking for staff.

Advertisement