Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Size? on Wicklow St are looking for sales assistants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't know, if that was posted already, but 'Searsons' on Baggot Street will re open soon and are looking for staff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

murphys is looking all grades of chefs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irishbird wrote: »
    murphys is looking all grades of chefs

where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lush at Grafton Street had a sign up on Friday "Urgently looking for Xmas Temp staff"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Des wrote: »
    Lush at Grafton Street had a sign up on Friday "Urgently looking for Xmas Temp staff"

So do Argos, but I'm not sure, which shop. I guess, they do that every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Des wrote: »

For the record, not anymore unfortunately :(
    Lars1916 wrote: »
    So do Argos, but I'm not sure, which shop. I guess, they do that every year.

Printable application form:
    https://www.argoscareers.com/jobs_argos/careers/pdf/2012-ROI-Peak-Application-Form.pdf

Probably a good time for jobseekers to seek places looking for Christmas Staff soon enough. I applied in the Disney Store back on Wednesday and got a call yesterday for a group interview this Tuesday (I imagine a lot of places will be doing group interviews for such positions). Smyths (Jervis Street) are also taking in CVs for Christmas Staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

RedFFWolf wrote: »
    Probably a good time for jobseekers to seek places looking for Christmas Staff soon enough. I applied in the Disney Store back on Wednesday and got a call yesterday for a group interview this Tuesday (I imagine a lot of places will be doing group interviews for such positions). Smyths (Jervis Street) are also taking in CVs for Christmas Staff too.

Did you go in person or you applied via the website?

In person: they give you an application form to fill out there and then too. Smyths just asked me for my CV.

• Advertisement

In person: they give you an application form to fill out there and then too.
    Smyths just asked me for my CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Thanks for the reply and good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Smyths is a cool place to work, I was there a good few years ago, down in the store room.

Great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Found on their website:

Powercity have vacancies for a number of Full time Sales positions.
    If you are Experienced in Selling White Goods or Consumer Electronics.
    Please apply below for an interview.

Email your CV to powercity@clubi.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Teach 4 foreign students in your home. From Wednesday 31st October till Monday 05th November. Mornings in your home and afternoon activities arranged for you to take the students on cultural outings.Must live in the Dunlaoghaire to Bray area. Student teachers welcome to reply. PM me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

This is post #407. It would be great to know that some folk here got some of the jobs posted. Any good news, at all, at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

q bar are looking for a waiter/waitress

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Shelbourne are looking for all manner of staff of the christmas period.

It was in today's Metro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I heard the cinema in Dun Laoghaire are hiring!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciaraofcourse

Party Shop in Donnybrook(next door to Kiely's) have a sign on the door urgently seeking full time staff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hick1sfm

Plenty of jobs around if you look. It might be something you dont fancy too much but as they say work is work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Hick1sfm wrote: »
    Plenty of jobs around if you look. It might be something you dont fancy too much but as they say work is work

Mod: Not Helpful, if you know of somebody hiring post it, if not, don't bother posting here

MarkMc wrote: »
    Mod: Not Helpful, if you know of somebody hiring post it, if not, don't bother posting here

Well we are hiring so pm please. Suppose I cant post a link or i'll be banned

Hick1sfm wrote: »

Well we are hiring so pm please. Suppose I cant post a link or i'll be banned

You can post it here, only people who can't post it are people who have specifically joined for that purpose.

Sky are looking for Sales Advisors, Service Advisors, Team Leaders and Managers for their Customer Contact Centre in Dublin 4, details are on their website. Afaik current advertisements have a start date of February 2013.

Well I'm working for a company called the six figure mentors. Its a mixture of both education and online marketing. To recieve a free 7 day bootcamp on us follow the link. Thank you <snip>

Ok thats a different story. Thats a referral link, not a job posting, snipped. If you want to discuss it with me, you can do so by PM

MarkMc wrote: »
    Ok thats a different story. Thats a referral link, not a job posting, snipped. If you want to discuss it with me, you can do so by PM

I see now, cant post links. Fair enough. New here

If anyone would like free info on a job opportunity online please pm me. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

stuck in a for a job in July, and their website still says ''status - awaiting shortlisting''

makes me laugh when we're constantly fed this B.S nowadays about the fact that we're living in some 4G Broadbanded super duper digital information age. :rolleyes:

1976 '' Howya, bud, come about the job ''
    '' That's grand, come here a 9 next Monday, see ya then ''

Advertisement