Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where are all the jobs?? (NO CHAT - Read post #481 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

11 days too late Gar! :D

No, just means they're still looking! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

I need a Cabinet Maker to work in Dublin 12 area. Must have experience on a panel saw and all aspects of shop fitting.

Email details of experience to info@leinsterfs.ie or pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The restaurant in Powerscourt Townhouse Center are looking for wait staff. According to their sign, 2 years experience is required. Don't know the name of the place, but you can't miss it. It is the only restaurant in the center of the ground floor that takes up the majority of the floor space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

Staff required in the Londis on the SCR, Leonard's Corner.

Experience necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Employers no longer want to 'waste' time training in anyone any more. I wonder how long it will be before we see the words 'training provided' in a job advert. As usual, no vision for the future, just interested in the here and now. That's what got us in this mess in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Employers no longer want to 'waste' time training in anyone any more. I wonder how long it will be before we see the words 'training provided' in a job advert. As usual, no vision for the future, just interested in the here and now. That's what got us in this mess in the first place.

As far as I know, there are some agencies for Home Carers out there, who provide training for their staff and they have it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Hi everyone,

Recently on my blog I compiled a list of retailer/businesses with job advertisements on their windows. The list is still quite fresh, having been compiled within the last 3/4 days. I hope it helps!

I apologise if any of the following were already listed and/or if you go looking, only to find the job(s) is already taken.

Here's the layout to keep it clear:

Bold format = Retailer/Business place of work

Underlined format = The location of the business/retailer

Italicised format = The position in demand

The fourth (red) category is what contract they are offering - N/A signifies it was not advertised

The final (blue) category is basically like extra requirements for that place - N/A signifies nothing extra mentioned

Café Sol - Dawson Street/Royal Hibernian Way (though possibly other places too) - Staff Member - N/A - N/A

O'Neill's (Bar & Restaurant) - Suffolk Street - Kitchen & Waiting Staff - N/A - N/A

Pink - Dawson Street - Sales Assistant - Part-Time</SPAN> - N/A

John Kehoe - Anne Street South -Staff (In All Areas) - N/A - N/A

Reynolds - Lower Abbey Street - Staff Required - N/A - N/A

Londis - O’Connell Street - Deli Staff - N/A - N/A

Indulge Deli - O'Connell Street - Deli Staff - Part-Time - N/A

The Pig And Heifer - Pearse Street - Staff Required - N/A - N/A

Cinders - Wicklow Street - Sales Assistant - Part-Time - Experienced

The Humble Bean - Aungier Street - Staff Required - Part-Time - Experienced

Hanagan’s Restaurant - O’Connell Street - Waiting Staff - N/A - Experienced

BG Café & Deli - Pearse Street - Staff Required - N/A - Experienced

New Collection - Wicklow Street - Staff Required - N/A (Possibly Full-Time) - N/A

Nourish - Wicklow Street - Staff Required - N/A (Possibly Full-Time) - N/A

Bus Stop Newsagents - Grafton Street - Staff Required - Full-Time & Part-Time - Experienced

Spar - Middle Abbey Street - Staff Required - N/A - N/A

Max Barbers - Liffey Street Lower - Staff Required (May not necessarily mean barbers) - N/A - N/A (For barbering: assume the skills of course)

Korkys - Henry Street - Staff Required - Full-Time - Fluent English & Customer Skills

Bertoni - St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre - Staff Required - Full-Time - Retail Experience & Fluent English

Hickey’s Pharmacy - Henry Street - Sales Assistant - Full-Time (O.T.C.) - Experienced

Centra - Pearse Street - Supervisors & Staff Required - N/A - Experienced

Peter Mark - St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre - Models Required - N/A - N/A (Assume suitability though)

Ultimate Hair & Beauty - G.P.O. Arcade (Henry Street/Prince’s Street North) - Models Required - N/A - N/A (Assume suitability though)

Knights of the Green Barber Shop - St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre - Barbers Required - Full or Part-Time (Flexible Hours) - Assuming the skills of course

Coast - Stephen’s Green North - Supervisor Required - Part-Time - Assuming experience

Evolution Gifts - G.P.O. Arcade (Henry Street/Prince’s Street North) - Supervisor
    Required - Full-Time - Experienced

Noa Noa - Anne Street South - Manager Required - N/A - Assuming experience

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RedFFWolf

Here are a few more ads I only found today, hope it helps!
    (Reference my previous post for the layout)

Wallace - Millenium Way - Chef Required - N/A - N/A

FXB Grill - Crow Street (Temple Bar) - Porter Required - N/A - N/A

Ecco - Wicklow Street - Staff Required - Part-Time - N/A

The Bakehouse - Bachelor's Walk - Staff Required - N/A - Experienced

Yamamori - Lower Ormond Quay - Chef Required & Waiter/Waitress Required - N/A - 2 Years Experience for the Waiter/Waitress

*UPDATE* Aug 29th:
    Spar - Middle Abbey Street - Staff Required - N/A - N/A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

Waiter/waitress wanted.

Peggy Kellys, Harold's Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0830/argos.html
    Argos has launched its annual Christmas recruitment campaign seeking 800 staff to work in its stores across the country this festive season.

According to the retailer, 70% of the population live less than 31 minutes from an Argos store, making the new roles highly accessible.

New recruits will also get an immediate 10% staff discount.

Application forms are available in all local stores or can be downloaded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a new shop in harolds cross that pays you for clothes by the weight; they are looking for a part time assistant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ~Becktron

Pennys are lookin'' for alot of Floor Staff and Managers

Just wanted to let people know.
    They pay well enough and are looking for part-time and full-time.

You can apply on the website. They accept walk-ins too from what I know.

Goodluck with the Job Search

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

~Becktron wrote: »
    Pennys are lookin'' for alot of Floor Staff and Managers

Just wanted to let people know.
    They pay well enough and are looking for part-time and full-time.

You can apply on the website. They accept walk-ins too from what I know.

Goodluck with the Job Search
    Dundrum are looking for temporary sales assistants for the Christmas period. Probably a good chance that ya'll be kept on after that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I know this isn't exactly Dublin City, but Dun Laogaire's Harry Cafe is looking for part time floor staff from what I gathered ( remembered in other words, think it's floor staff)
    It requires experience though

It's very frustrating seeing all these jobs advertised in cafes and restaurants who expect applicants to be experienced... I mean I haven't seen one cafe/restaurant who advertised a vacancy saying anything other than experience required... it's very hard to get your foot in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Aoiferz

It's very frustrating seeing all these jobs advertised in cafes and restaurants who expect applicants to be experienced... I mean I haven't seen one cafe/restaurant who advertised a vacancy saying anything other than experience required... it's very hard to get your foot in the door

Agreed. That's where I'm having trouble, I have little to no experience in anything so it's very frustrating looking through job listings and at signs in windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ~Becktron

^^^ I agree bigtime, anyone looking for some part-time work while studying or just extra money don't have a chance. Even retail is 1 year experience, and its the easiest job ever, you learn as you go.
    It's disgraceful..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Unless of course you know someone

Even for some bars restaurants, the amount of time required is madness.. some are looking for 2 years experience... surely they are not that strict in applying criteria?!

I would love to get a chance to work in a restuarant or cafe but employers are actively pushing out people who have never gotten the chance to work in such jobs before, because they're not willing to train them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 yellowbelly16

It's so disheartening. All I want is a part time job waiting tables or anything so I have a bit if money to get me through college but nothing n

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

It's a shame to see the pay for a barman so low. As in €9 an hour sometimes which is a pittance. It should to be a proper trade and the standards were high but now anybody can do it and there's no apprenticeship etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭crushproof

What's even worse is when you see a job you've applied for reposted online, grrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

I had no idea being unemployed sucked so much. I thought it would be kinda fun, but after the first week it's just plain boring.

Makes me miss my old job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Robdude wrote: »
    I had no idea being unemployed sucked so much. I thought it would be kinda fun, but after the first week it's just plain boring.

Makes me miss my old job.

First week? Try five months!.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »

Try 2 flippin' years with only 3 interviews and one temporary job in that time :(:(

And not only are some looking for 'extra' cash, the majority of us now just want 'some' cash to pay the bills and keep the wolf from the door. The Govt are concentrating efforts on re-training, or upskilling, but a lot of the half million unemployed are upskilled to their teeth already. I know for a fact that they are upskilling people for jobs they will never ever be able to get. What they need to concentrate on is the remaining employers who are recruiting and get them to start training unemployed people while in the job - that will definitely get the unemployment numbers down a bit more. Are yiz listening up there in la-la land? :mad: Nice to see so many people putting the job adverts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I recently asked if there was any positions going in a well known store and was told to drop in my cv that they may be interested, but it was on behalf of my brother (the manager didnt know that) who has been to countless interviews with no joy, so I went home and got him and his cv to bring it in, when we got to the store he approached the manages as I shopped and said the exact same as I did and was turned away.. That really frustrated me because it was about 20 mins after I had asked, what changed in 20 mins that my bro is turned away??

Hermy wrote: »

At this rate, I'll be completely out of money in three months :(

I don't know what I'll do then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Try 2 flippin' years with only 3 interviews and one temporary job in that time :(:(

Friend of mine is in a similar boat to you - 2 years and still not a sign of a job. And it's looking like the same for me at the current rate of going.:(
    I'm merely saying that I lasted a bit longer than a week before I got fed up with not having work.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The sit in chipper at the Talbot Street/Marlborough Street junction is looking for a waitress. Can't remember the name of the place for the life of me.

dsmythy wrote: »
    The sit in chipper at the Talbot Street/Marlborough Street junction is looking for a waitress. Can't remember the name of the place for the life of me.

How much experience are they looking for? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, it's just getting on my nerves now.

A cafe near me opened up at the start of the summer. Before they had even finished decorating the place I went in with my CV and talked to the manager, it went really well and they seemed to like me. They opened up, I did a follow up visit, went in for coffee and had another chat with the manager (she was serving) and all seemed nice, got my hopes up. I'm 20 with previous (granted, brief) experience of coffee making/serving. They hired two 16/17 year olds.

Summer's over, so the two girls they had hired must have had to leave for school, and now there's a sign up looking for new staff with at least 3 years experience. What a joke! I meant to send down a CV anyway, but had too many distractions and left it too late (I know, my own fault). If those girls working there before had 3 years experience, they must have gotten their experience while they were still in training bras. And it's not the first time I've been pipped to the post by secondary school girls.

• Advertisement

I seem to do okay until we get to the 'green card' issue...then it's over. I guess I picked a bad time to try and land a job in Dublin, lol.

Advertisement