Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurants/cafes between Dublin & Galway

Options
  • 20-07-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Heading to Galway and looking to stop at a restaurant between Dublin and Galway for a break, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

McDonalds in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Journey is only 2.5 hours so I don't always stop but when I do it's at ^^^.
    There's other restaurants too, and a filling station with coffee etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Honestly.. I'm not being smart, but Galway is not outer Mongolia! You'll be there in 2/2.5 hours. I make the trip every week.

But to answer your question: Tyrrellspass has a castle/restaurant http://www.tyrrellspasscastle.com/

Athlone has a petrol station with a McDonalds next door.

That's about it, unless you get off the motorway at, Maynooth, Kilcock, Kinnegad, Moate, Ballinasloe, Loughrea, or Athenry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

N6 centre in Athlone is probably your best bet - but if its an actual restaurant you're looking for - the Olive Grove in Athlone town centre is nice. If the Black Kettle pub is still open in Kilbeggan thats meant to be nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pinky99

MargeS wrote: »
    Honestly.. I'm not being smart, but Galway is not outer Mongolia! You'll be there in 2/2.5 hours. I make the trip every week.

But to answer your question: Tyrrellspass has a castle/restaurant http://www.tyrrellspasscastle.com/

Athlone has a petrol station with a McDonalds next door.

That's about it, unless you get off the motorway at, Maynooth, Kilcock, Kinnegad, Moate, Ballinasloe, Loughrea, or Athenry!

I know its not far but it would be nice to stop for a bit to eat, thanks for the link to Tyrrellspass ill have a look at it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pinky99

nukinfuts wrote: »
    N6 centre in Athlone is probably your best bet - but if its an actual restaurant you're looking for - the Olive Grove in Athlone town centre is nice. If the Black Kettle pub is still open in Kilbeggan thats meant to be nice too.

Thanks Ill check both those places out

Advertisement