Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRISIS PHONE NETWORK. NEED HELP.

Options
  • 20-07-2010 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I'm currently on 3 - the phone network. I want to switch to o2 though. However, my phone is locked onto 3, and so I need something called a ''network unlocking code'' . Does anyone have any idea where I can get this? The 3 store just told me to call customer care? What's the number?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

1913, the will charge you for the unlocking code about 30 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kmlarules

1913, the will charge you for the unlocking code about 30 euro.

30EURO...?!!!!!! :eek: are you sure?! No one has said that to me, omg. where do they deduct that from?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

kmlarules wrote: »
    30EURO...?!!!!!! :eek: are you sure?! No one has said that to me, omg. where do they deduct that from?? :confused:

Yea, once you have topped up by €130, they ask you to top up by €30 ( i think) and they take the money out of your account as an administration charge. Crazy i know

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why you moving to o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Op are you bill or payg?

Payg admin fee is €27 (once you have spent over €130)
    Billpay is €25 admin fee ( This is waved if you renew your contract)

What handset do you have?

Depending on model, it may well be cheaper to unlock it elsewhere, some handsets can be unlocked for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kmlarules

Davy wrote: »
    Op are you bill or payg?

Payg admin fee is €27 (once you have spent over €130)
    Billpay is €25 admin fee ( This is waved if you renew your contract)

What handset do you have?

Depending on model, it may well be cheaper to unlock it elsewhere, some handsets can be unlocked for €10.

i have the sony ericsson k660i, and im on credit .. where can i get it unlocked for cheaper? thaank you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kmlarules wrote: »
    i have the sony ericsson k660i, and im on credit .. where can i get it unlocked for cheaper? thaank you

Most unlock shops would be cheaper than 3's admin charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jo Satan

Try Aerix

Advertisement