Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Have Sex On A First Date

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Novella wrote: »
    Or they could be doing it with everyone, which is pretty much their own business and not something they should really be judged for. Having had sex with a small number of people doesn't make you a better person. If a woman wants to sleep with a lot of men, great. If she is respectful of herself, and of her partners, there is no real issue.

Hi Novella, that's true but that's a whole seperate issue. What Im really commenting on is it's hard for a girl to sleep with a guy straight away without him jumping to the conclusion that she's a slut. Girl's just have a lose lose situation in most dealings with sex.
    Believe me - i wouldn't think less of a girl sleepng with a lot of people, I've just had it so ingrained in me that sleeping around makes you a slut, from men around me mostly bad mouthing women, that I just can't do it. The old f"cking catholic guilt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Hi Novella, that's true but that's a whole seperate issue. What Im really commenting on is it's hard for a girl to sleep with a guy straight away without him jumping to the conclusion that she's a slut. Girl's just have a lose lose situation in most dealings with sex.
    Believe me - i wouldn't think less of a girl sleepng with a lot of people, I've just had it so ingrained in me that sleeping around makes you a slut, from men around me mostly bad mouthing women, that I just can't do it. The old f"cking catholic guilt :rolleyes:

Im with my current GF for 7 years and we bumped uglies on the first "date".

It works for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

BrianJD wrote: »
    As long as it didn't delay dinner!

As long as the one you're shagging isn't the one making the chips, it should have no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I dont believe in sex before marraige so it would be impossible for me to be sexual advanceual to any of there modern "loose women", my OH thinks the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Maybe not in her pooper on the first date

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

If it was a one-nighter, yes.
    But not if I was looking for a relationship. Relationships that start with sex have nowhere left to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

You shouldn't never let people get away with calling someone a slut - men or women. It's not right and people sometimes need to be reminded.

Op, I would sleep with someone on a first date if I liked them enough and there was a lot of chemistry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

But not if I was looking for a relationship. Relationships that start with sex have nowhere left to go.

How?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jeez you could have told me that 20 years ago!

I couldnt disagree with you anymore than I already do....There isnt an emoticon appropriate for how much I disagree with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

benwavner wrote: »
    I couldnt disagree with you anymore than I already do....There isnt an emoticon appropriate for how much I disagree with you!

This?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

It's this kind of attitude that'd stop me ever going for it on the first date/first few dates. I'm curious is this an outdated stereotype by now or do most guys still feel this way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I dont believe in sex before marraige so it would be impossible for me to be sexual advanceual to any of there modern "loose women", my OH thinks the same.

HOLY F*CK!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

oh god no. She must be treated like a lady and be allowed to decide when she is ready. Grow up guys!!

(a cunning plan to make my in-box fill up with messages. muhahahaha)

I'd rather start a relationship with sex than end one without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not unless we were at least engaged. It's just wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i always get sex on the first date, consensual or not

pmcmahon wrote: »
    i always get sex on the first date, consensual or not

You're a rent boy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

all guys will answer yes...

all ugly girls will answer no...

stovelid wrote: »
    You're a rent boy?

rentboys are always consensual...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

I done it with my now current boyfriend i kind of just went into it as a bit of fun i was sick of being single but we got on really well and now were together over a year now :) But to be fair we kind of knew eachother before we decided to go on a date , complicated really , i use to go out with his ex girlfriends brother , so we would be in the house with eachother while being with them , im sure they think we were at it behind their backs now :)

xxchloexx wrote: »
    I done it with my now current boyfriend i kind of just went into it as a bit of fun i was sick of being single but we got on really well and now were together over a year now :) But to be fair we kind of knew eachother before we decided to go on a date , complicated really , i use to go out with his ex girlfriends brother , so we would be in the house with eachother while being with them , im sure they think we were at it behind their backs now :)

Durty!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Haven't, but can't see why I'd rule it out. And "relationships that start with sex have nowhere else to go"? Really? Does that mean that once sex has been had, the relationship may as well be done? And as for the idea that it says something about the woman...words fail me. The only thing that sex on the first date says about anyone is that they fancied some sex. End of. If you can't get over the idea that your partner may enjoy having lots of sex, you have far bigger problems than your choice of partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Depends how full of vodka I am

Depends how full of vodka I am

lets go on a date

stovelid wrote: »
    Not unless we were at least engaged. It's just wrong.

Did you ever get bruised knees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

:eek:

Straightforward question. Does it depend on the man or woman you go out with or does it depend on what you are looking for at the time. Does it depend on your morals - or your mood?

applies to all above for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

pmcmahon wrote: »
    lets go on a date

You buy the vodka. Rohypnol optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Yes

Married

3 Kids

Happy

• Advertisement