Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Have Sex On A First Date

Options

Comments

Yes.

It can be quite fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No. Don't think its necessary. I'm not into ONS. I'd rather be in a relationship before that sort of thing happens. I might kiss on the first date depends. Nothing more. I think talking and clicking with the person is more important and see how things go. I'm not one to rush things. I rather go with the flow at my pace that feels right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

No. Don't think its necessary. I'm not into ONS. I'd rather be in a relationship before that sort of thing happens. I might kiss on the first date depends. Nothing more. I think talking and clicking with the person is more important and see how things go. I'm not one to rush things. I rather go with the flow at my pace that feels right.

better start learning about cats now so:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

yea but then i know the girls a slut so it becomes a one night stand

pmcmahon wrote: »
    better start learning about cats now so:p

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

when i have had sex on a first date i have never contacted the person afterwards, i dont know why!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What's a date?
    Totally!!!

What?

I think pcmahon is just disappointed.

I blame the americans! :( Disappointed why?? I have a bit of dignity!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If the spark is there, definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I blame the americans! :( Disappointed why?? I have a bit of dignity!

So having sex on the first date means you don't have dignity? :confused:

I don't offer myself up on a plate! I expect the guy to wait until I'm ready. For me that is. I have nothing against other people doing so it's their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

So having sex on the first date means you don't have dignity? :confused:

I was going to question that also. I don't see where dignity comes into the equation. Nor do I see where the American's are to blame. I've known a lot of Americans with far more conservative views on sex than the average Irish person, thankfully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

:eek:

Straightforward question. Does it depend on the man or woman you go out with or does it depend on what you are looking for at the time. Does it depend on your morals - or your mood?

Just wondering what people's attitude are, as opposed to if they've actually done it or not

But yes, I have:cool:

definitly-i wouldnt have the date any other way :cool: Aayy

I don't offer myself up on a plate! I expect the guy to wait until I'm ready. For me that is. I have nothing against other people doing so it's their choice.

i would expect a girl to be ready when i am ready,i am the man after all

i would expect a girl to be ready when i am ready,i am the man after all
    So when you are ready to have sex you expect the girl to be ready there and then, doesn't matter what she thinks unless she consents?

So when you are ready to have sex you expect the girl to be ready there and then, doesn't matter what she thinks unless she consents?

exactly,she takes it,end of.

i'm only kidding you know?

Ok I hope so...I don't like the pressure it puts on girls though not unless they are really up for it its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sex is sacred.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

What pressure? If a girl doesn't want to have sex on the first date then she doesn't have to. If having sex on the first date isn't your thing then that's fine, but don't automatically assume that a girl who decides she does want to have sex on the first date is lacking dignity, offering herself up on a plate or has little to no self-respect.

• Advertisement

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    What pressure? If a girl doesn't want to have sex on the first date then she doesn't have to. If having sex on the first date isn't your thing then that's fine, but don't automatically assume that a girl who decides she does want to have sex on the first date is lacking dignity, offering herself up on a plate or has little to no self-respect.

wanna go on a date?

wanna go on a date?

Pics or GTFO.

:P

Pics or GTFO.

:P

i friggin love you already :D

Hard for me not to think like that. Its the way I have been brought up its hard not to go away from that when its drilled into ones head for 25 years! My insight has changed though I suppose. I'm saying for me, I would feel I'd loose my dignity and self respect, if sex was on the cards for a first date. Too high an expectation and wouldn't want to ruin a decent relationship just beginning. Even after 5 dates I wouldn't budge!
    I can see what you mean, some people don't see it like that but I do for me. If girls want to do it its fine its their choice. I value respect more than sex that's all. If I am disrespected I feel very hurt.

Hard for me not to think like that. Its the way I have been brought up its hard not to go away from that when its drilled into ones head for 25 years! My insight has changed though I suppose. I'm saying for me, I would feel I'd loose my dignity and self respect, if sex was on the cards for a first date. Too high an expectation and wouldn't want to ruin a decent relationship just beginning. Even after 5 dates I wouldn't budge!
    I can see what you mean, some people don't see it like that but I do for me. If girls want to do it its fine its their choice. I value respect more than sex that's all. If I am disrespected I feel very hurt.

Each to their own, and if you're a withholding sex kind of girl until you feel absolutely comfortable then that's absolutely your prerogative. I just find the concept of equating sex at an early stage to a loss of dignity or self-respect disturbing. If I want to have sex with someone then I'll have sex with someone and personally for me it has nothing whatsoever to do with my dignity.

I'm not going to deny myself what I want just because other people might find it tasteless, or because certain societal standards dictate that I shouldn't. To hell with that, the bod wants what the bod wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

You value respect more than sex? Are they mutually exclusive? If a guy has sex with you, is he disrespecting you? I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

gotta say i would......if i could find someone who do it on a first date......actually be amazing to find someone who would actually date me :D

Each to their own, and if you're a withholding sex kind of girl until you feel absolutely comfortable then that's absolutely your prerogative. I just find the concept of equating sex at an early stage to a loss of dignity or self-respect disturbing. If I want to have sex with someone then I'll have sex with someone and personally for me it has nothing whatsoever to do with my dignity.

I'm not going to deny myself what I want just because other people might find it tasteless, or because certain societal standards dictate that I shouldn't. To hell with that, the bod wants what the bod wants!

That's ok with me I have no problems with girls who do it, I would frown opon it but its the girl's choice if you and and anyone else wishes to have sex whenever thats ok. Every girl is different. Yes I am a girl who witholds sex, longer than you would know...Sex is a need like anything else like food/water etc but its not that important to me like it is to some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

As has been previously pointed out, it's totally down to an individual if they want to indulge on a first date. I personally would have no problem once the chemistry was right. This does not make you morally superior to me. I conduct my sexual life in a very dignified and responsible manner without denying myself pleasure.

I once had a 10 year long relationship with a man I slept with on the first night, not too shabby I say and rather than turn him off, it made him want to come back for more. Horses for courses and all that;)

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    You value respect more than sex? Are they mutually exclusive? If a guy has sex with you, is he disrespecting you? I don't get it.

Ok trying to rephrase so you can understand what I am getting at. I mean I rather a man respect me for who I am and what I choose and is willing to wait until I am ready to have sex. If he doesn't wait until I say so then he doesn't respect me, respect my wishes and respect my body. So he be out on his ear. I not saying that if he has sex with me he is disrespecting me but if he cannot wait until I am ready to have sex then I feel he is disrespecting me. I cannot be assocciated with people who disrespect me.

Advertisement