Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You Have Sex On A First Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ok trying to rephrase so you can understand what I am getting at. I mean I rather a man respect me for who I am and what I choose and is willing to wait until I am ready to have sex. If he doesn't wait until I say so then he doesn't respect me, respect my wishes and respect my body. So he be out on his ear. I not saying that if he has sex with me he is disrespecting me but if he cannot wait until I am ready to have sex then I feel he is disrespecting me. I cannot be assocciated with people who disrespect me.

Ah, sorry! I get you now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Novella wrote: »
    Ah, sorry! I get you now. :)
    Ya can be confusing! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Ok trying to rephrase so you can understand what I am getting at. I mean I rather a man respect me for who I am and what I choose and is willing to wait until I am ready to have sex. If he doesn't wait until I say so then he doesn't respect me, respect my wishes and respect my body. So he be out on his ear. I not saying that if he has sex with me he is disrespecting me but if he cannot wait until I am ready to have sex then I feel he is disrespecting me. I cannot be assocciated with people who disrespect me.

I prefer this, I actually kind of admire this line of thinking even though it's not how I feel about my body. But this is somewhat of a back-track from your earlier posts where you link sex to dignity and talk about offerings on plates. I'm glad you've changed your thinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

diddledum wrote: »
    I prefer this, I actually kind of admire this line of thinking even though it's not how I feel about my body. But this is somewhat of a back-track from your earlier posts where you link sex to dignity and talk about offerings on plates. I'm glad you've changed your thinking.

me too,now get your knickers off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

pmcmahon, please discuss the matter with some decorum or don't bother taking part. The misogyny isn't an attractive look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I have slept with people of first dates yes, all of which though turned into relationships(or at least mutual nsa things) apart from 2 one night stands. Its never an intentional thing though and I certainly wouldnt hook up with strangers to have sex but If you click with someone whats the harm(as long as your safe).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I really never get the whole "no sex on a first date" rule! seriously WTF :confused:
    I mean if you dont want to then dont, but if you both want to and you have had a nice date, feel a connection in some way then go ahead. With the bf over three years now! :) Same to the girls who think that if you do certain things on a first date but dont actually have sex then thats okay, its the same thing! lol
    The only way that its in any way wrong is if one or both of the people are cheating on someone, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

pmcmahon wrote: »
    wanna go on a date?

Second in line if Pmcmahon doesn't make the cut.

* pictures available upon request!

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I really never get the whole "no sex on a first date" rule! seriously WTF :confused:
    I mean if you dont want to then dont, but if you both want to and you have had a nice date, feel a connection in some way then go ahead. Same to the girls who think that if you do certain things on a first date but dont actually have sex then thats okay, its the same thing! lol
    The only way that its in any way wrong is if one or both of the people are cheating on someone, thats it.

Its not a rule as such just that I don't feel comfortable with sex on a first date. I rather get to know a person on a first date than anything else then I know if we are compatible or not. Sex is not just a physical need its an emotional one too! If they don't balance then sex is off the menu for me that is.

• Advertisement

gotta say i would......if i could find someone who do it on a first date......actually be amazing to find someone who would actually date me :D

Beat me to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Its not a rule as such just that I don't feel comfortable with sex on a first date. I rather get to know a person on a first date than anything else then I know if we are compatible or not. Sex is not just a physical need its an emotional one too! If they don't balance then sex is off the menu for me that is.

See thats understandable as its your choice. As long you dont judge someone purely on the fact that they had sex on the first date then thats fine, its up to the individual on what they want tbh. Judgement should only be passed on people who are cheating, thats disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Yep, slept with him on the first date, 4 years ago and we're still going strong. We're living together 3 years and going on a 2 month trip to San Fran and Hawaii soon, so it worked out very well :D

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    See thats understandable as its your choice. As long you dont judge someone purely on the fact that they had sex on the first date then thats fine, its up to the individual on what they want tbh. Judgement should only be passed on people who are cheating, thats disgusting!

Yep. I use to judge girls who did that, I try not to now cause it is their choice if they are doing something wrong like having an affair and cheating then thats just wrong I see your point though.

As a male I certainly don't go out expecting sex on the first date. I don't know if many men do.

To me I'd actually prefer to get to know the person and explore the possibility of there actually being a decent relationship.

I'm not saying that sex on the first day precludes a longterm relationship at all. If the date is going well and there's a chemistry on both sides then sure the date may result in sex but I certainly wouldn't assume it was going to happen.

On one particular 1st date I turned down sex as I didn't particularly like the girl and certainly didn't see it going any further than a first date.

If someone is looking for sex then just hit the local club and stumble into someone of the opposed sex! To me a first date is something different to that.

Yep. I use to judge girls who did that, I try not to now cause it is their choice if they are doing something wrong like having an affair and cheating then thats just wrong I see your point though.

That's pretty funny, I always harshly judge people who judge women that do whatever the hell they please with their own body. Luckily you're not all judgemental like that anymore though :D So respect to you for knowing what you want and allowing others the same freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

personally I would not sleep with a girl on the first date if she is slutty enough to sleep with some one she barly knows, then my question is who has she slep with in the previous days, and further more what guys dont realise is another mans spunk stays inside her for up to 7 days so your basically gunna be rubbing your sausage in another guys jizz even if you wear a condom its not a chance im willing to take, so now how many guys still wanna do it ?????

colm1234 wrote: »
    personally I would not sleep with a girl on the first date if she is slutty enough to sleep with some one she barly knows, then my question is who has she slep with in the previous days, and further more what guys dont realise is another mans spunk stays inside her for up to 7 days so your basically gunna be rubbing your sausage in another guys jizz even if you wear a condom its not a chance im willing to take, so now how many guys still wanna do it ?????

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

You a Saint or what?:pac:

How does the jizz leave her body then or how long does it take before it disintegrates?? Well its his choice if he wishes to not have sex with a girl on a first date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Shane732 wrote: »
    As a male I certainly don't go out expecting sex on the first date. I don't know if many men do.

To me I'd actually prefer to get to know the person and explore the possibility of there actually being a decent relationship.

I'm not saying that sex on the first day precludes a longterm relationship at all. If the date is going well and there's a chemistry on both sides then sure the date may result in sex but I certainly wouldn't assume it was going to happen.

On one particular 1st date I turned down sex as I didn't particularly like the girl and certainly didn't see it going any further than a first date.

If someone is looking for sex then just hit the local club and stumble into someone of the opposed sex! To me a first date is something different to that.

I would agree with much of this. If I am going in a date, i will know the woman in some capacity and won't have just pulled her. If we do end up having sex, I would not automatically think she does it on all 1st dates, like i don't do it on all 1st dates.

If their is chemistry, why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

How does the jizz leave her body then or how long does it take before it disintegrates?? Well its his choice if he wishes to not have sex with a girl on a first date.
    its gone by the 8th day the liquid is gone fairly soon but all the little jelly bits stick to the inner walls, also im not a saint just mature :D

its gone by the 8th day the liquid is gone fairly soon but all the little jelly bits stick to the inner walls, also im not a saint just mature :D

ok (eww though). :eek::o Mature is good! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I don't think that there is anything morally "wrong" to sleep with someone on a first date.

I wouldn't even if the chemistry was there, because if I'm really gonna enjoy sex I need to completely trust my partner first and after one date the trust wouldn't be there for me. It's more about self-protection really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Only girls who expose their ankles to strangers would do anything other than hold hands before marriage.

Now my inbox will fill like steerage on the Titanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't respect men who put out on the first date, but I'll still fuck them because my "principles" don't apply to me - and I also have no self control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

love the ways women always say I didn't intend for it to happen...there was just chemistry :-P

and yes I have and it was all good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Straightforward question.
    Straightforward answer:
    I would have sex anywhere, anytime with anyone I like (assuming the other party wants it too).

If I had to think "has it been 3 dates yet or maybe it's 2??" I'd probably end up being either a virgin or a nervous wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lol what a load of bollox!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Shane732 wrote: »

Reading the above is a weight off my mind, because it's more or less how I usually thing; and the way people go on I was beginning to think that I wasn't really male!

Thanks for letting me know that there's at least 2 of us! :)

Advertisement