Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House specific coverage problem

Options
  • 20-07-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Any ideas why my O2 coverage is really bad? When I walk down the road just two doors in either direction the bars go from 3 to 5.

I recently got an iphone and can get no coverage at all inside the house.

Have been on to O2 customer care but am having no luck so far.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

It could be iphone reception issue. My 3GS often flashes dreaded "No Service" when at home yet my wife's Nokia E51 is on 3-4 bars. I get badly distorted phone calls and even drops. No problem at the same time with Nokia handset.
    I don’t have this problem anywhere else but at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

It could be iphone reception issue. My 3GS often flashes dreaded "No Service" when at home yet my wife's Nokia E51 is on 3-4 bars. I get badly distorted phone calls and even drops. No problem at the same time with Nokia handset.
    I don’t have this problem anywhere else but at home.

My iPhone keeps flashing up the screen saying no connection or something of that ilk. Yet when my GFs iPhone loses connection it doesn't make a fuss about it, the texts or missed calls just come through next time she has service.

Any idea how to turn this off? is it something to do with automatic carrier settings? Really annoying at night when the whole room is lit up!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

My iPhone keeps flashing up the screen saying no connection or something of that ilk. Yet when my GFs iPhone loses connection it doesn't make a fuss about it, the texts or missed calls just come through next time she has service.

Any idea how to turn this off? is it something to do with automatic carrier settings? Really annoying at night when the whole room is lit up!

Turn it to automatic within
    Settings > Carrier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Holiers wrote: »
    Any ideas why my O2 coverage is really bad? When I walk down the road just two doors in either direction the bars go from 3 to 5.

I recently got an iphone and can get no coverage at all inside the house.

Have been on to O2 customer care but am having no luck so far.

Thanks

I think some houses have 50 layers of lead paint. LIke the inlaws. Impossible to ring someone in that house, it is like that episode of the simpsons, where they survived a nuclear attack because the house was so full of lead paint!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Wall thickness and building materials also come into play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You sure you are not holding it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Holiers

The coverage is a problem even if I am not holding it.

It's just a 3G iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Holiers wrote: »
    The coverage is a problem even if I am not holding it.

It's just a 3G iphone.

I'd argue the 3G is still better than most other phones that people have in their pockets right now (obviously not 4, 3GS, Desire, Wave)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Holiers

O2 customer care told me to bring back the iphone. In a round about way they admitted there is a problem with iphones working with less than perfect reception.

in terms of the ongoing reception problem even with a Nokia they were very non commital. It looks like I will need to look at alternative networks.

Advertisement