Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road Vs Cyclocross

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Most of the roads are fine on a Road bike (they aren't as fragile as a lot of people think), so I'd say to go for one of them.

As for which one, I'll say one word... Planet X -the average Boardsies steed of choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

at least your living up to your username anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hi there, Apologises in advance if this topic has been discussed already. I have trudged through pervious posts and failed to find it, if its there.

Have a look through a few of the previous cyclocross threads.

If you don't need to cycle off-road, a cyclocross bike is generally overkill; although some are quite practical for road use (having clearance for mudguards and often mounting points for racks) the on-road performance will not be quite up to a dedicated road bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭torturedsoul

Most of the roads are fine on a Road bike (they aren't as fragile as a lot of people think), so I'd say to go for one of them.

As for which one, I'll say one word... Planet X -the average Boardsies steed of choice!

Compared to Wiggle? Which one is best? My un-trained eye seems to lean to planet X but why?

Thanks for the advice, links and suggestions. I think the Road bike is the way to go alright.

cheers
    notsotortured fionn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Some cyclocross bikes can be versatile if you want mudguards or a rack to go touring, that sort of thing, but there are compromises compared to a road bike and they are a speciality item. They are also NOT suitable for serious off-road like singletrack while a road bike is more than up for any road in this country.

Get a Planet X, your instinct is the right one, it is the best. Lightest bike with the best components you will get for the money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement