Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new phone

Options
  • 20-07-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    Hoping someone can shed some light on my problem. I bought a new phone today and basically, when i go into my phonebook, lets say i want to ring X, so i scroll down to their name. But their name is now listed 4 times. However on 3 of the entries the number is actually 'X's, but on the last entry the number listed under X is for someone totally different!! I only found this out by texting the wrong person!! This does not seem to be for every number on the phone, but i am wary to send any txt in case i send to the wrong person. I had all my contacts saved on my sim card in old phone, and just put sim in new phone. Please could someone explain how i can fix this........... and in lay mans terms please, cos as you can gather im not particularly tech minded!!! Thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That sounds quite strange. Not really an easy to solve over the interweb. What two phones are they?

If you have your old phone still, i suggest you put the sim back into it, move the contacts from the sim to the phone and then you can send them tot he new phone via bluetooth, or back them up to the pc, and transfer that way. This depends on what phones they are, but this is the best way forward in my opinon

Advertisement