Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Lanterns in Swords

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Going to Swords for hen - not from the area and want to release sky lanterns does anyone know where would be best to do this can't ask the hen cos it's a surprise - thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

not near the airport :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

As far as I know you can't release them within a certain radius of the airport, I'm not sure whether it's 3 or 5 miles. Either way, Swords is way too close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I heard that Kinseally is good for this.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

^^Not helpful.^^

OP - As other posters have said - the general Swords area (including Kinsealy) is not the best of areas to launch chinese lanterns.

Thanks,

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

I thought they were just for ufo impressions? Do people do this on occasions or someting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

I thought they were just for ufo impressions? Do people do this on occasions or someting?

There are many different reasons for doing it. For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7VsR6_o68&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

people are doing for the same things you might set off fire works
    -da buzz
    -celebrations of weddings and birthdays etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Nice idea, like due to the dry spell the potential for starting a fire is quite good, plenty of straw in fields now too. to add that extra zing. Pyromanics should be delighted.

Sorry been a tad cynical, best place for this would be at a local beach with the wind blowing in a seaward direction so defo not Swords, Portrane or Donabate perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Don't know if it was inspired by this thread but a few nights ago I looked out my back window and saw a sky lantern floating by. It had come over the roof of my house and was passing over my back garden. Lovely as it looked I was not impressed to see such a fire hazard floating over a residential estate.

Advertisement