Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A training log, but not really

• 20-07-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

We all know the benefits of training, and read others training habits to see how we can better our own. But on Friday I am setting off on a tour in France (1,600km) with zilch amount of training done, so I thought I would share my results when I get back, just to highlight what lack of training might do. Of course, hopefully, i will find that training may be an over-rated necessisity (thats not a necessity).

I never planned not to do any training, it was just laziness, and I actually cancelled the trip last week, but have rebooked it in a gung-ho/ suicidal mood.
    I am cycling from Dublin to Montpellier; Dublin to Rosslare- ferry to Roscoff, and in stages down to Bordeaux, follow the canal du midi to Narbonne and across to Montpellier, where i will get a train to Cherbourg and cycle back to Dublin from Rosslare.

So hopefully i will survive it to post my findings. If my family read this after, I want my epitaph to read 'i tried' =P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Best of luck. Some of the area around the Canal du Midi is very good.
    Castelnaudary in particular is nice. The local speciality is Cassoulet which is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

ROK ON wrote: »
    Best of luck. Some of the area around the Canal du Midi is very good.
    Castelnaudary in particular is nice. The local speciality is Cassoulet which is fantastic.

Cassoulet? whats that made from? Unlucky legionnaires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Duck fat, duck legs, beans and local sausage.
    Heavy but great.
    In Castel a choir from the legion sign in the local church. Very good actually.

Advertisement