Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog gone :-(

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

My dog went missing today in Talbot Terrace...I am really upset, I found him on the side of the road a month ago after being thrown from a Car and have been caring for him every since..

He is the most gently docile beautiful little 2 year old black and tan jack russell called 'BOB' and had a red collar on him.

He was due to be microchipped on Friday as the Vet told us he wanted him to get a bit better before he did it ...I'm kicking myself that I didn't throw a tantrum and demand he did it - but Bob wasn't well enough at the time.

I have gone to the Gardai and will be phoning the pounds etc in the morning. My two kids age 4 & 6 are distraught - so am I being honest.

If anyone can help I would be so grateful. I really am upset, anything else I can do does anyone know.. I have had 4 people driving around Carlow today looking for him.

Please see photo attached..

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

really sorry to hear that. I'll keep an eye out for him.
    If you had a bigger photo to upload it might be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

here is a picture of bob for people to look out for

attachment.php?attachmentid=120999&stc=1&d=1279702591

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sage4me

Thanks Foggy_lad,

Well, I phoned the pound and KCLR this morning and KCLR said someone had found him I was delighted, phoned the guy who found him and he said he was really sorry, but when he came back from the shop he was gone from the back garden that he must have jumped the wall - he described Bob to a tee...He was really apologetic..

I am gutted :-( - I have hubby out driving around the roads and a friend of mine owns a taxi and sent it out on the radio to all the lads - but nothing yet.

So close and yet ... so far ...

Any help from anyone would be great. Thanks so ShayK1 and Foggy_lad

where was the guy that had him?
    What part of town?

He was picked up at Askea Church, so he is still in the vicinity...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

sage4me wrote: »
    He was picked up at Askea Church, so he is still in the vicinity...

Thanks

Will keep an eye out for him too. If you want to PM me your phone number just in case I find the little fella :D

Hi All,

Bob was seen at the Supervalu on the hacketstown road yesterday morning, so he is still in the area..

I have put posters up in all the garages and shops etc and will be stapling them to some poles tonight.

Drive around for hours calling for him but to no avail.

Again any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

will defo keep an eye out for Bob hope you find him

Hi all,

Thank you thank you thank you... Bob has been found. There are some very good kind people in Carlow down, and out of the darkness has come light :D:D:D

A special thank you to Pat, who initially picked him up .. and then to Leon, who picked him up again on Wendesday and kept him until this morning - my posters paid off - his house mate saw a poster and realised it was Bob - but he had been given to a rescue centre this morning so I am off tomorrow to collect him.

I am almost afraid to believe it until I see him - but I will keep you all posted..

Until tomorrow

great news. I hope its him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Ah, thats the dog I stopped to let cross the road at Askea Church one night during last week!

Hope its him OP

please let us know soon that it was him, the suspense is killing me:)

Hi all,

A happy ending for all.. Bob is home and I have made an appointment for Monday to have him neutered and micro chipped... He's going to love coming home - getting his nuts cut off and a giant needle in the neck :-)

Thanks all you were great.. will post a nice photo of the happy chappy when I find my camera cable.

Again.. thanks all

that's great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Congrats on getting him back!! :D:D

As requested, updated photos of Bob ... I think he is glad to be home.. although maybe not after today where he has been microchipped and neutured.. he'll probably want to run away after what we've done to him.

Again thanks all for your words of encouragement - it was really good of ye.

Rgds

he's such a poser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I wonder what adventures bob got up to.

Poor bob looks very sad after the snip:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

He's probably tired and groggy after the procedure.

You can't beat having a little doggy in the family, glad he was returned to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement