Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places/sites etc to look for jobs in Dundalk

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

As Dundalk is quite a small town jobs aren't exactly widely advertised on the internet unless they are permanent positions in certain designated fields.
    Was hoping someone could point me in the direction of where to look for jobs such as bar work or hotel work in Dundalk.

I'm basically looking for a job where I can work nights and weekends and these sort of jobs aren't widely advertised.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    As Dundalk is quite a small town Help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Dundalk is the biggest provincial town in Ireland! Looking at your location being LA so the advice to stroll around town and take a look in the windows isn't up to much.
    Its about a month old but http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676519

Aside from that then maybe just phone the few hotels numbers in www.goldenpages.ie Crowne Plaza, Imperial, Fairways etc see if they are taking any temporarys on. Bar staff wise not great for casuals at the moment but usually when the students head back to college in Sept there are vacancies coming up. Good luck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Sorry, my location is actually Dundalk/Dublin.

The location thing is a reference to the book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick.
    Also to Blade Runner.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement