Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the jobs?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey!

I've been unemployed a while now and REALLY want to get back into working,
    Any of you know who's hiring in Cork at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fairchild

Kark wrote: »
    Hey!

I've been unemployed a while now and REALLY want to get back into working,
    Any of you know who's hiring in Cork at the moment?

blizzard.com- best employer in the city- you need to know WoW though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kark

Thanks, checked that out, If only i could speak those foreign languages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

What are you looking for?

Pembily wrote: »
    What are you looking for?

Whatever i can get lol!
    Have shop and some call centre experience so something in that area

I heard BoyleSports were doing interviews recently, apparently they rarely advertise, they just collect the CVs that were handed in to the shops. Might be worth a try, knowing absolutely nothing about betting is often an advantage in their eyes.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    I heard BoyleSports were doing interviews recently, apparently they rarely advertise, they just collect the CVs that were handed in to the shops. Might be worth a try, knowing absolutely nothing about betting is often an advantage in their eyes.

Ok, might give that a go! I have no clue about betting.... Why would they see that as an advantage?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've seen dozens of places with signs up in town. Don't know if you're male or female, but Oasis is definitely looking for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Also Sam McAuley's in Blackpool Shopping Centre had a notice yesterday in their window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

They're also looking for someone in that cafe next to the Gate cinema. It says you need two years barrista experience but the sign has been up over two months now and its easy to train someone in on making different coffees.

Ok, might give that a go! I have no clue about betting.... Why would they see that as an advantage?

Well, it's defo not a disadvantage, a girl I know was asked in her interview and she said she had no clue, they said that was completely fine. In saying that the manager of my local betting office used to work in the pub near it years ago and was a daily customer of the bookies. I suppose it's like a non drinker being employed as a barperson, could be seen as a good thing. You'll learn all the bettig stuff very very quickly if you do get a job off them.

• Advertisement

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Also Sam McAuley's in Blackpool Shopping Centre had a notice yesterday in their window.

Brilliant, thanks! :)

Well, it's defo not a disadvantage, a girl I know was asked in her interview and she said she had no clue, they said that was completely fine. In saying that the manager of my local betting office used to work in the pub near it years ago and was a daily customer of the bookies. I suppose it's like a non drinker being employed as a barperson, could be seen as a good thing. You'll learn all the bettig stuff very very quickly if you do get a job off them.

Worth a try, thanks a lot!

Faith wrote: »
    I've seen dozens of places with signs up in town. Don't know if you're male or female, but Oasis is definitely looking for someone.

Cool, will look into that! thanks! :)

NoDice wrote: »
    They're also looking for someone in that cafe next to the Gate cinema. It says you need two years barrista experience but the sign has been up over two months now and its easy to train someone in on making different coffees.

2 years experience, that's insane!
    I have a bit of experience there absolutely hate this type of work as I'm a bit clutzy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Ya two years is mad for a coffee shop, worth a shot if nothing else goes well. Best of luck in the job hunt dude.

Maybe this thread should be stickied? Whenever we see a job posting we could pop it up here for anyone looking??? Could be handy for alot of people??

NoDice wrote: »
    Ya two years is mad for a coffee shop, worth a shot if nothing else goes well. Best of luck in the job hunt dude.

Maybe this thread should be stickied? Whenever we see a job posting we could pop it up here for anyone looking??? Could be handy for alot of people??

Yeah sure! how do you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Currys in Mahon Point Retail Park also have a sign in the window for full- and part-time staff. Saw it today. Asking for CVs to be placed in a box on reception desk (which I would guess is their way of giving you the once over before even bothering to read).

Good luck!

Currys in Mahon Point Retail Park also have a sign in the window for full- and part-time staff. Saw it today. Asking for CVs to be placed in a box on reception desk (which I would guess is their way of giving you the once over before even bothering to read).

Good luck!

Brilliant! Thanks for that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Yeah sure! how do you do that?

A mod would have to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

i have 3 job offers right now :P in your face

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »
    well done, hope you chose the right one, not really the place to boast about it though.

well done, hope you chose the right one, not really the place to boast about it though.
    it is the right place. the thread is about where all the jobs are...i have them...solved...get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

maybe he could be her advisor on how to get a job?

it is the right place. the thread is about where all the jobs are...i have them...solved...get on with it
    I would like to think you are after a good lash of drink.

I would like to think you are after a good lash of drink.
    no, its a work night, i do have several jobs to go to

maybe he could be her advisor on how to get a job?
    no, its a work night, i do have several jobs to go to

All very helpful posts in pointing the OP in the direction of where they may get work, top class folks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ah that took a while :rolleyes:

All very helpful posts in pointing the OP in the direction of where they may get work, top class folks.
    i dont read the first post, i read the title.
    i dont have that much time with 3 bleedin jobs to be doing. 3 x 8 hours = no sleep so ur no help in solving that problem.
    bottom of the class there rover, bottom.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Ah that took a while :rolleyes:

Is that directed at me ? If so I was in the pub for an hour so didn't reply to the posts until I got back. Anyone who thinks those posts are remotely helpful to the OP is a total and utter fu*ktard. I actually reckon they are quite insensitive, not what I would expect to see in the generally helpful Cork City board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

in fairness lads.. cop on.. all it will take is for one person to stop responding and something might be salvaged of the OP's thread..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement