Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EA have fcuked raped sodomised bitch slapped anally raped castrated ****ed in the eyeball screwed in the ears jizzed on the face of Need for Speed since Hot Pursuit 2 came out in 2002.

i hold out zero hope the above wont happen but the fact Criterion are making it gives me faint hope it may actually be as as good as NFS HP 2.

But

* 4.1 The Need for Speed (1994)
    * 4.2 Need for Speed II (1997)
    * 4.3 Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998)
    * 4.4 Need for Speed: High Stakes/Need for Speed: Road Challenge (1999)
    * 4.5 Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000)
    * 4.6 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)

* 4.7 Need for Speed: Underground (2003)
    * 4.8 Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2004)

* 4.9 Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
    * 4.10 Need for Speed: Carbon (2006)
    * 4.11 Need for Speed: ProStreet (2007)
    * 4.12 Need for Speed: Undercover (2008)
    * 4.13 Need for Speed: Shift (2009)
    * 4.14 Need for Speed: Nitro (2009)
    * 4.15 Need for Speed: World (2010)

* 4.16 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

Theres an awful lot of horse**** there, i actually blame ****ing the fast and tfurious for most of it and EA.

Bold = Horse****.
    italics = good.
    Both italics = was nearly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I was under the impression Most Wanted was great and Carbon, while good, marked the beginning of the serious downturn for the franchise?

I personally loved Underground 2 it must be said but then again, the original Hot Pursuit is my favorite in the series so really looking forward to seeing what Criterion can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wrong, Shift was quite good and went back to basics. I enjoyed Most wanted also

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Most wanted was nearly good, maybe i should colour code it :pac:

Seriuosly i dont care if my car has a dangly dice that gets me 1 extra MPH, if its not fun to play in MP its a bit gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Wrong, Shift was quite good and went back to basics.

I thought shift was a departure for the series, no?

I haven't really played any of NFS franchise, but have played all Burnout titles. The most recent one really disappointed me. When I wanted to race in multiplayer - more often than not - people just wanted to dick around in the environment. I reckon this game has huge potential to disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Fnz wrote: »
    The most recent one really disappointed me. When I wanted to race in multiplayer - more often than not - people just wanted to dick around in the environment. I reckon this game has huge potential to disappoint.
    I agree, I don't like Need for Speed: World either, for me the series went downhill after Most Wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Hot Pursuit needs to show how it will incentivize people to play their role in the multiplayer modes. Getting everyone to 'play nice' as the number of players increases has to be a challenge.

Burnout Paradise soured me on the open-world racing concept. I prefer pure 'racing' rather than mixing-it-up with a bit of 'map reading'. I can do without the joys of missing a turn and ending up on a road to nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dreamers75 wrote: »
    EA have fcuked raped sodomised bitch slapped anally raped castrated ****ed in the eyeball screwed in the ears jizzed on the face of Need for Speed since Hot Pursuit 2 came out in 2002.

i hold out zero hope the above wont happen but the fact Criterion are making it gives me faint hope it may actually be as as good as NFS HP 2.

But

* 4.1 The Need for Speed (1994)
    * 4.2 Need for Speed II (1997)
    * 4.3 Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998)
    * 4.4 Need for Speed: High Stakes/Need for Speed: Road Challenge (1999)
    * 4.5 Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000)
    * 4.6 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)

* 4.7 Need for Speed: Underground (2003)
    * 4.8 Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2004)

* 4.9 Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
    * 4.10 Need for Speed: Carbon (2006)
    * 4.11 Need for Speed: ProStreet (2007)
    * 4.12 Need for Speed: Undercover (2008)
    * 4.13 Need for Speed: Shift (2009)
    * 4.14 Need for Speed: Nitro (2009)
    * 4.15 Need for Speed: World (2010)

* 4.16 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

Theres an awful lot of horse**** there, i actually blame ****ing the fast and tfurious for most of it and EA.

Bold = Horse****.
    italics = good.
    Both italics = was nearly good.

you have most wanted marked as crap and carbon not?

are you crazy?!? MW was the pinnacle of the franchise so far, with shift just behind it

*edit*

saw my mistake there, i take it back

but it was better than nearly good lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Most Wanted is a GREAT little game and well worth grabbing on the cheap in Gamespot, and Shift is absolutley fine, apart from it not being Forza 3. And how can the new Hot Pursuit be "nearly good", when it's miles away from being even released?

Advertisement