Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda not doing anything

Options
  • 21-07-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi
    can some one give me some information please...
    i reported a vehicle stolen about a week ago to stepaside garda station, the vehicle was stolen in wicklow by a person i know, yes i know the prick, from a garage i had left it in for sale and repair, the gards took a statement from me in stepaside and said it would be passed on to bray as it was there area where it was stolen. the gardi made contact with the person who stole it and he admitted he had it and said he would not return it, can anyone tell me why they do not arrest this guy, the gards tell me its up to me to get it back????? surely a stolen vehicle is a stolen vehicle, who do i get on to to get this sorted? does any one know or had a similar experence......
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

tom thump wrote: »
    hi
    can some one give me some information please...
    i reported a vehicle stolen about a week ago to stepaside garda station, the vehicle was stolen in wicklow by a person i know, yes i know the prick, from a garage i had left it in for sale and repair, the gards took a statement from me in stepaside and said it would be passed on to bray as it was there area where it was stolen. the gardi made contact with the person who stole it and he admitted he had it and said he would not return it, can anyone tell me why they do not arrest this guy, the gards tell me its up to me to get it back????? surely a stolen vehicle is a stolen vehicle, who do i get on to to get this sorted? does any one know or had a similar experence......

Just off the top of my head. Is there any issue over money owed to him for work done? Does he have any claim on the vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tom thump

k_mac wrote: »
    Just off the top of my head. Is there any issue over money owed to him for work done? Does he have any claim on the vehicle?
    no he has no claim on the pickup, he infact owes me money and i have a trailer belonging to him that i was storing, i refused to give it back until the debt was payed, and as a result he went to the garage where my pickup was and drove it away. i know him oweing me money will be a civil case and i have no issue with that but can some one really do this. in my mind thats down right theft?????? any help is most appreciated thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Is this the "stolen" vehicle in this thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055975221

You want us to look out for your "stolen" pickup, yet you know who took it and you appear to have a civil dispute with him, so you want us and the Gardai to waste our collective time instead of you confronting this other person and resolving the matter.

Or have I missed something?

Give him a thump, tom!

trad wrote: »
    Is this the "stolen" vehicle in this thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055975221

You want us to look out for your "stolen" pickup, yet you know who took it and you appear to have a civil dispute with him, so you want us and the Gardai to waste our collective time instead of you confronting this other person and resolving the matter.

Or have I missed something?
    i have confronted him and he wont return it. i understand where your coming from but how can someone take something with out permission and no one will do anything, the cop i reported it stolen to rang the man who took it and was told i was not getting it back.... should the cops not even be charging him with theft and possession of a stolen vehicle?...i dont mind going down the legal route but will that not take ages? i really need my pickup back for work ..

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Give him a thump, tom!
    ha ha i think its heading that way the cops will do something then lol

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭manta356

no he has no claim on the pickup, he infact owes me money and i have a trailer belonging to him that i was storing, i refused to give it back until the debt was payed, and as a result he went to the garage where my pickup was and drove it away. i know him oweing me money will be a civil case and i have no issue with that but can some one really do this. in my mind thats down right theft?????? any help is most appreciated thanks

It appears your pick-up is no more stolen than this other guys trailer.
    I'm sure the Gardai have more serious things to do,rather than get involved in a civil dispute between you and this other guy.
    I'm sure if he gets his trailer,you'll get your pick-up.He's probably just playing you at your own game.
    As for the debt your owed,that will be up to you to follow that up through legal proceedings.Having been self employed myself,I can sympathise with you on your difficulties in getting money owed to you though.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Civil matter.

Contact your solicitor. With you keeping his trailer it could get messy........

Advertisement