Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz452 lux free floating

Options
  • 21-07-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

I have a cz452 lux,i was just checking to see if barrel is free floating so i slid a piece of paper between the stock and barrel and it got jammed about an inch past the front sling swivel is this normal?how far back should it be floated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bazza888 wrote: »
    I have a cz452 lux,i was just checking to see if barrel is free floating so i slid a piece of paper between the stock and barrel and it got jammed about an inch past the front sling swivel is this normal?how far back should it be floated?

As far as the action. Or almost as far as it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

so mines way off then,was thinking about sanding it a bit and sealing it back up with varnish after,is it a hard job take the stock off?looks like just 3screws.i could try adjust the trigger a bit the also.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

theres a screw under the rear sight so it wouldnt float pass there

theres a screw under the rear sight so it wouldnt float pass there

Take off the rear sight if you have a scope then so OP, might solve your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

have a look at one tack might be a job for a pro

• Advertisement

have a look at one tack might be a job for a pro

Well there are pro's in country to do said acts.

I don't own (or want to own) a CZ so I can't look at one.
    I don't like them anyway.:D

However Clive did a really good job on a CZ recently, he might be able to give more advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

I had one a couple of years ago and the scerw from the front swivel went through the fore grip and was making contact with the barrel ... just loosened it up slightly and was able to perform paper trick..;)

the rear sight is attached to barrel not to the stock as far as i can see a pin holds it in to slot in barrel

The paper gos an inch past the sling swivel so its not that,I was wondering if stock is touching barrel would it be worth sanding it orwould it be a lot of effort with not much improvement in accuracy

the rear sight is attached to barrel not to the stock as far as i can see a pin holds it in to slot in barrel

If it is only a .22lr I would not bother doing anything to it.

If you want a more accurate .22lr hunting rifle look for a 1710 ;)
    Or a sako finfire

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I don't care if its a pellet gun, air rifle, .22lr, .223, .308. If its a rifle and you use and enjoy using it then a free floating barrel is a must. Anything that makes contact with the barrel and effects harmonics should (where possible) be reduced or eliminated. Accuracy will improve.

No need for a rifle change unless you have the cash and fancy a change.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

well im learning more everytime i shoot but last day i shot id get very small 3 shot groups then if itried five shot the 5th would be aflyer it may have been me but have heard people saying stock touching barrel can cause this!tack you could buy much better rifle for more money if you wanted instead of pimping them but i cant at the moment unfortunately,have make the best of what i have.

well im learning more everytime i shoot but last day i shot id get very small 3 shot groups then if itried five shot the 5th would be aflyer it may have been me but have heard people saying stock touching barrel can cause this!tack you could buy much better rifle for more money if you wanted instead of pimping them but i cant at the moment unfortunately,have make the best of what i have.

Then my boy, You need to go PIMPING :D

I remove stock, affix pillars and get her glass bedded. DIY, plenty of vids on you tube

I like to Pimp, Engineering is my passion, anybody can buy an expensive rifle, i get more satisfaction getting sub 1/4" groups out of my Remmy's ;)

It's like racing a Ferarri with a Fiat punto and winning :D

thats what i mean tack,id just like tinker with it make the best of what i have maybe lighten the trigger a bit see how much better it can be,i would love a sako or anschutz saw some lovely ones made my jaw drop but too expensive at the moment im afraid!

thats what i mean tack,id just like tinker with it make the best of what i have maybe lighten the trigger a bit see how much better it can be,i would love a sako or anschutz saw some lovely ones made my jaw drop but too expensive at the moment im afraid!

The trigger you want to threat with respect, could you afford an aftermarket jobbie? I love my Timney, perfect for hunting, and has tightened my groups a sliver

€120 ~

I was looking at ones on rimfire magic its a kit with different springs to adjust weight of trigger pull, ive being reading on other forums its very good just not to lighten it to much as it can be dangerous
    http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html

I was looking at ones on rimfire magic its a kit with different springs to adjust weight of trigger pull, ive being reading on other forums its very good just not to lighten it to much as it can be dangerous
    http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html

Don't play with a trigger, leave it to the experts.
    A lighter trigger IMHO tightens groups, and a recrown deffo tightens groups

Both under €200 combined

you think it would be unsafe to use the kit?

you think it would be unsafe to use the kit?

No, but adjusting a trigger is not a thing to be messed with.
    A ND is a NO NO in any mans language.

The Timney/Jewell are fool proof

ok i had a look at the timney it changes the whole trigger instead of just the spring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

Or a sako finfire

I've seen these guns doing 1/2" group at 100 yds shooting off the bonnet of a car.... another chap told me that he blew away all other makes in a compitition with one several years ago :p
    they are one of the best starter guns your ever going to get and have got more people into shooting that any other

I agree if i do my part right at 50yards i can cover a 3shot group with a 1cent coin when i shoot perfect,its the 5th shot if i try 5shot group thats the problem seems to fly an inch away,like i said it could be me,iwas just wondering could barrel in contact with stock do this.I think for the money i paid for it its great rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Well there are pro's in country to do said acts.

I don't own (or want to own) a CZ so I can't look at one.
    I don't like them anyway.:D

However Clive did a really good job on a CZ recently, he might be able to give more advice.

Or a sako finfire
    Then my boy, You need to go PIMPING :D

I remove stock, affix pillars and get her glass bedded. DIY, plenty of vids on you tube

I like to Pimp, Engineering is my passion, anybody can buy an expensive rifle, i get more satisfaction getting sub 1/4" groups out of my Remmy's ;)

It's like racing a Ferarri with a Fiat punto and winning :D
    The trigger you want to threat with respect, could you afford an aftermarket jobbie? I love my Timney, perfect for hunting, and has tightened my groups a sliver

€120 ~
    Don't play with a trigger, leave it to the experts.
    A lighter trigger IMHO tightens groups, and a recrown deffo tightens groups

Both under €200 combined
    No, but adjusting a trigger is not a thing to be messed with.
    A ND is a NO NO in any mans language.

The Timney/Jewell are fool proof

Bazza888 there is hope. ;)

Well i see tac is talking thru his arse again.
    So far he has recommended spending a small fortune on changes to a gun, by his own admission he knows very little if anything about.
    Tac "Little says More" best to talk about what you know about rather than just add comments to a thread.

I'm out at the mo but when I get home I'll tell you how to get your CZ 22lr lux shooting 1/2" 5/10 shot groups @50y for under €25 with a small bit of effort and using only hand tools that you should have at home. If you don't get those small groups I'll give you back the €25.

Just one word to help me. Does your 22lr lux have the front action bolt that connects to the under side of the barrel in front of the action with a piece of metal that sits on the barrel with a dovetail. I'll put photo's up later.

cliveJ

Bazza888
    just to add there are 4 CZ's in the family - 2 x 22lr and 2 x 223 all shoot the best when we do our bit. :D

clivej wrote: »
    Bazza888 there is hope. ;)

Well i see tac is talking thru his arse again.
    So far he has recommended spending a small fortune on changes to a gun, by his own admission he knows very little if anything about.
    Tac "Little says More" best to talk about what you know about rather than just add comments to a thread.

I'm out at the mo but when I get home I'll tell you how to get your CZ 22lr lux shooting 1/2" 5/10 shot groups @50y for under €25 with a small bit of effort and using only hand tools that you should have at home. If you don't get those small groups I'll give you back the €25.

Just one word to help me. Does your 22lr lux have the front action bolt that connects to the under side of the barrel in front of the action with a piece of metal that sits on the barrel with a dovetail. I'll put photo's up later.

cliveJ

Arse no, Beer yes :p
    I had a few bevies last night in celebration of good fortune.

I did tell the OP that you had done a good job and contact you!!!

You were not online at the time to help OP.

You love the CZ Clive and many others do.
    I have licenced one, well more a 1950's target BRNO not a CZ, but that is a long story :D

I know CZ's are accurate, one of my good mates had a very accurate one for years.
    He won several comps with it.

Excuse me for being a snob and not buying Czech stuff, well maybe some of there beer is ok :D

You also have to acknowledge Clive that you have a great training behind you.
    Not all posters could do as good a job as you did on your CZ.

I would not consider €100~ on dickieing up a rifle a big deal, but i do forget there are many out there on the rock & roll and to them €100 could be the weeks food.

Getting back to the OP.
    I am wondering if the barrel is at fault, or is it the ammo. he states he was getting tight groups and then a flyer

Generally if there is a problem it is consistent if it is a mechanical fault

4gun wrote: »
    I've seen these guns doing 1/2" group at 100 yds shooting off the bonnet of a car.... another chap told me that he blew away all other makes in a compitition with one several years ago :p
    they are one of the best starter guns your ever going to get and have got more people into shooting that any other

Ok boys they are accurate;I never said they were not, I'd still prefer an Anschútz as I think they are better made.

But this is only my opinion

Bazza888
    just to add there are 4 CZ's in the family - 2 x 22lr and 2 x 223 all shoot the best when we do our bit. :D

Is a fella not allowed to have an opinion on Rifles? You are a CZ man, i'm a remington man ;)

Both are good rifles!

Is a fella not allowed to have an opinion on Rifles? You are a CZ man, i'm a remington man ;)
    Both are good rifles!

Why buy a Renington and then pimp it up to shoot as well as the CZ's do OOTB is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Bazza888 have a look at these. The trigger kit will reduce your groups in 10 minutes.

YoDave trigger kit for CZ 22lr.
    $15
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CZ-452-455-and-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit-/160452856255?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item255bbc49bf

• Advertisement

Why buy a Renington and then pimp it up to shoot as well as the CZ's do OOTB is beyond me. :rolleyes:

My Remington's are were very accurate out of the box Clive
    The VSSF was very well behaved before I started pimping

I just want to make her better;)

The VTR 20" barrel .308 is very accurate (with a €90 recrown), still was a cheap rifle and has a FACTORY stock action and trigger at the Moment, going to get a new trigger today just coz I can :D

The VTR is almost the cheapest rifle on the market in it's class!
    Shoots as good as a SAKO now, if not better ;)

Advertisement