Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz452 lux free floating

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

clive do you mean the screw under the rear sights?theres a screw thereand more through the trigger guard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nail

Here's a job I did on my CZ452, worthwhile modification to carry out when you have the right gear and the time.
    1. Free Float the barrel back to the action with sand/glass paper (coarse to fine grade) and barrel sized dowel to maintain clean straight lines and an even finish. Complete the job by oiling or sealing the exposed raw timber.
    2. Bed the action into the stock to achieve a nice snug fit, using Devcon titanium, pvc tape to cover the edges of stock and other areas. Also a liberal application of vaseline on all metal parts of action which will come into contact with the Devcon. Upon curing disassemble and tidy up the edges of the Devcon and remove all vaseline from your action.
    See pic's attached of free float work under barrel and the Devcon filling the voids to give better support to the action.

thats a nice looking job you did!do put the barrel into stock with the devcon wet until it gos hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bazza888 wrote: »
    thats a nice looking job you did!do put the barrel into stock with the devcon wet until it gos hard?

Semi hard to take the shape AFAIK
    I was watching a lad do it recently and that is my memory of it.

The material on the barrel is to stop the action sticking to the devcon.
    he used a different material than vaseline though(the guy that bedded my rifle)

cool would accuracy noticably improve by bedding it like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

bazza888 wrote: »
    cool would accuracy noticably improve by bedding it like that?

Depends, on mine it already had pillars, if you can move the stock fore end then it should improve with bedding.

Your stock is wood yes?

The wooden jobs seem to be easiest as the material mates well with timber.
    A recrown did the best increase to my accuracy on both rifles.

Every factory barrel can be a few thou of a mill out.
    I do laugh as my neighbour used to put the crown of his barrel into a hole in the floor on his jeep and rest it against the gear stick.

Farmers Eh :D

IMhumbleO if stock is mated to action; barrel is free floating, crown is good and bipod is rigid then its up to the user.

not forgetting good ammo.
    Changing brands can half groups by times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nail

Using the Devcon, you have a good 15 minutes to work with the material, yes you can leave it a while before placing the action into the stock, but not too long, I would not recommend leaving until it starts to turn.

If you are doing it:
    1.Do all your prep work first and grease the action, tape all necessary bits etc.
    2.Do a few trial runs dry, to make sure you are prepared and dont forget anything.
    3. Mix more than enough Devcon or whatever you are using to the job in one application.
    4. When enough has been applied and you are happy to place the action, do so. There is no going back now, so torque the action retaining screws to the required torque in order to have the Devcon cure with the correct action to stock pressure.
    5. Leave for 24 hours before removing. Do not use the barrel or any other prying tools to lever/remove the action from the Devcon/stock, it will be tight thats normal.
    6. When you have removed the action tidy up any excess Devcon using fine files all around the edges.
    7. Reassemble, go to the range and check the result.

ordered a yodave trigger kit today so will see how it worksout whenever its delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Bazza888 here's wot I did to my CZ 22lr style.
    Best forum on the CZ rimfire rifle is here
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

You ordered the trigger kit and that will be the best $15 you will ever spend on your gun. Follow the youtube link above plus read below.

Free stuff.
    1- Float the barrel by sanding out the barrel channel. Use rought sandpaper and get it nearly there then use the fine stuff. Keep at it until you can slide a business card between the stock and barrel, 2 cards thickness even better. Varnish the stock inside afterwards.

2- The barrel is held in place by the front action screw that fixes to the barrel using an Escutcheon piece of metal. This is held to the barrel by a dovetail arrangement but is free to move side to side. It is recomented that this Escutcheon, part 48, is fixed to the barrel. Use a 6mm grub screw 6mm long to hold it to the barrell. Make sure the grub screw is not so long that the front action screw hits it, the grub screw, when tightening it up.
    Put the grub screw in place in the Encutcheon but don't tighten it up. Reassemble the action and then screw the grub screw in, that way it will be central.

Main view
    CZ452main.jpg

Escutcheon and 6mm x 6mm grub screw
    CZ452frontactionscrew.jpg

I drilled off the top off this pin to make pushing it out a little better. Only bearly take the top off the pin. Used epoxey to keep in place after fitting the YoDave parts.
    CZ452trigger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Have ordered the kit from formeryodave on the Bay of Evil, in fairness the trigger isn't totally crap as is.

I do like less creep before the break though.

I must get a torque driver for taking off and replacing the stock though.

I've seen lads get all kinds of weird groups after removing stocks for cleaning/drying and then putting them on with a big old screwdriver as tight as they can get the screws! :D

• Advertisement

got the yo dave trigger kit yesterday have to try install it soon!was at range today had some improvement at 50yard benchrestso things are going good!

Advertisement