Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of lawnmower service

Options
  • 21-07-2010 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just wondering what the average cost is to service a lawnmower?
    My father had an old mower in the garage and Im thinking of getting it serviced so I can use it on my own garden for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

No idea of an 'avg' service - but got my Castlegarden serviced recently and it was €200 including collection. Few minor things wrong with it - but nothing massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

If you're talking about your standard 16" Briggs and Stratton, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new one???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Tinker13 wrote: »
    If you're talking about your standard 16" Briggs and Stratton, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new one???

Yeah its just a standard Castlegarden petrol push mower. Cant imagine it costing 200 for a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

If you wont get just your blade sharped, spark plug and oil changed it will cost you around 60e, but if you need to get few new parts for your lawnmower it can cost you more than new lawnmower,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Don't think I paid any more than eur 40 the last time I got it done....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 bongo2

I have a castlegarden and paid €40 recently for a service including parts

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bongo2

I have a castlegarden and paid €40 recently for a service including parts

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭DrivingsCool

Just had fab guy service my push mower 35 euro.

Showed me the old plug and old oil to prove he done the service - so very genuine. He disposed of them himself though.

Based in Sandymount and Castleknock.

PM me for his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Paying someone to service a push mower?? nah! not me anyway

Its a straightforward job, that you can do yourself

First drain the oil> there's a bolt underneath the deck that you loosen..

when its drained then take off the blade might need some wd40 to loosen the attaching nut, sharpen it with a pedestal grinder or a file.

Put back blade, fill up with lawnmower oil then check spark plug and air filter make sure they are reasonably clean > and bobs your uncle 40 quid saved

Advertisement