Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass for Composting - anywhere in Waterford?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Waterford that I can take all my grass cuttings to be composted? I have a large garden and end up with a lot of grass cutting gathered in the corner and would like to get rid of it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought you could take cuttings to the "Brown Bin" recycling facility but a glace at the
    www.waterfordcity.ie site doesn't even mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I brought loads of bags of grass to the recycling facility down near Templars Hall where the dump used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

the compost facility is happy to take in green material but I am not sure if it is open to the public atm as they were doing upgrade works a few months back. They used to charge the price of a recycling tag for a load, twas very popular with landscape gardeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

hi was just wondering did the compost facility ever reopen or is there anywhere else takes large amounts of grass/hedge trimmings

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Would anybody know of any prices and places to ged rid of single axel trailer of grass please

• Advertisement
Advertisement