Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balrath Wood Near Kentstown

Options
  • 21-07-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Lovely walk great and popular with families and dog lovers ..you have it all !!
    Peaceful, quite and nature at its best and S*%M B@*S that are targeting vechicles that may or may not have valuables contained in them...

My beef is with the Council No Signs warning People watch OUT...

Common sence I know at the best of times.

Locals and regulars told me that it's every other day and several times for weekends...
    But it ruins a lovely area that everyone can go to get away from the Rats and other Vermin!!

ok rant over ...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

jezko wrote: »
    Lovely walk great and popular with families and dog lovers ..you have it all !!
    Peaceful, quite and nature at its best and S*%M B@*S that are targeting vechicles that may or may not have valuables contained in them...

My beef is with the Council No Signs warning People watch OUT...

Common sence I know at the best of times.

Locals and regulars told me that it's every other day and several times for weekends...
    But it ruins a lovely area that everyone can go to get away from the Rats and other Vermin!!

ok rant over ...

So you want the council to put up a sign? What exactly will that achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Sometimes I park at the top gate where the stile is. At least it's in the open. what I don't understand is who on earth is doing it? Very few kids living around there - any who are are hard working lads.

I wonder if the comittee who look after it have informed the Guards? The council don't have anything to do with the wood afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I thought they'd stuck in CCTV there, but worth parking out on road or up @ dairy farm for safety.

Been using those woods a long time now and never lost anything, but a lot of people have had bits and pieces stolen. Best advice is leave nothing valuable on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Go up there quite a bit and never heard of any cars being broken into. not saying it hasnt happened but no tell tale signs like shattered glass on the ground. dont be put off going and parking the car, just dont leave anything on show begging to be stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 patshock

Had mini digger stolen at kentstown just b4 christmas (jcb 8060) am still offering tidy reward if anyone can help me recover it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Put your belongings in your boot. The people doing this are pure opportunists. If there is nothing to hand for them to steal the worst case scenario will be a broken window. They won't hang around to get into the boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jim1182

My car was broken into here yesterday, and they did take the time to climb in through the smashed window and get in to the boot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Jim1182 wrote: »
    My car was broken into here yesterday, and they did take the time to climb in through the smashed window and get in to the boot. :(

I feel for you. A friend of mine also had her car window smashed in and stuff taken while walking in the same wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Zombie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement