Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB to JSA for Married Couple?

• 21-07-2010 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭

My wife is applying for JSA after her JSB expires in September. I earn a wage and I know this affects our means test. Is there any way around this and how much money can we expect to get if any. She also earns small income from self employment.I get 600 per week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Depending on kids and your pay and her self employment income I would not expect too much, there is a formula they use to do the means test but I think they borrowed it from NASA as it is impossible to predict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I've been through this recently, with my partners wage. We don't have any children. The maximum amount allowed between a couple per week is €326.10. I had to go through Citizens Advice to find this out. They worked out his means by averaging his gross weekly pay over four weeks, subtracting PRSI and Insurable Employment disregard (I don't quite know what that one is, I think it's the "first €20 euro each day subject to a maximum 3 days" thing), then the formula of 60% of the remaining wage. This is then subtracted from the €326.10, she would be entitled to the remainer.

I don't know how it works out with her income with self employment though, sorry!

Advertisement