Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celeb Sim :/

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mybeauty

Hi Kimia! My way of looking at is why not try this for a month or two, then I would try a low carb diet for a more long term diet. I do like the sound of what you're saying, but what I'm doing at the moment is really working for me. I plan on doing what you're doing when I get back to college and am not working as much. I really appreciate what you're saying though. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Kimia wrote: »
    Well. I decided after reading a lot about it, that i would try a low carb diet. I know they get a bad rap but I said to myself a lot of it makes sense and I'll try it for 2 weeks, sure 2 weeks can't kill me.

Off who?
    Pretty much all the weight-loss threads in fitness suggest low carb higher protein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Mellor wrote: »
    Off who?
    Pretty much all the weight-loss threads in fitness suggest low carb higher protein

Well I have another thread (High Protein Diets) where this dude talks about them being dangerous and if you google you get mixed results so that's where I heard that. I am not listening to them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Make your own shakes from fruits & soya milk and scoop in flaxseed and whey powder or cottage cheese (for protein).

Make your own soups (check the healthy stews & soups sticky)

Make your own "bars" from oats, nuts, seeds, honey, raisins, coconut, dried fruit, dark choc

Healthier and cheaper (and you'll know EXACTLY what your putting into your body)

Make your own shakes from fruits & soya milk and scoop in flaxseed and whey powder or cottage cheese (for protein).

Make your own soups (check the healthy stews & soups sticky)

Make your own "bars" from oats, nuts, seeds, honey, raisins, coconut, dried fruit, dark choc

Healthier and cheaper (and you'll know EXACTLY what your putting into your body)

That's all well and good if you have the time.. but when you're working around the clock and studying then that impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

A shake made with whey, a handful of frozen strawberries and a dollop of natural yogurt is as fast as one from a packet and a much better bet nutritionally and taste-wise.

The whole "low carb is dangerous" is one of those things that people say, without providing any evidence. It's right up there with "horizontal stripes are fattening" and "lifting weights will make women look like Arnold Schwartzenegger". All the evidence points to low carb being a safe and effective diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

If you have 30min - 1 hour any evening to watch the TV then you have the time to make a big batch of food to last a week. You can refrigerate or freeze them.

I can bet you have more than 1 hour free on weekends to do the same. People can easily make the time, problem is they don't want to make the effort.

ULstudent wrote: »
    If you have 30min - 1 hour any evening to watch the TV then you have the time to make a big batch of food to last a week. You can refrigerate or freeze them.

I can bet you have more than 1 hour free on weekends to do the same. People can easily make the time, problem is they don't want to make the effort.

For example? What could I Make in an hour that would last me a week?

Batches of home chunky soup. Throw in your root veggies/potatoes - whatever you fancy - takes less thn 10 minutes.. Hell a tub of cottage cheese, tinned tuna and salad can be thrown in a lunch box and makes an excellent lunch. As already mentioned you can get a good whey protein and use instead of celeb slim - much more nutritious. I am currently using USN chocolate cream and its yummy - . You can cook enough chicken to last you a week in a few minutes. Omlettes take less than 5 min to cook. Eggs can be scrambled in the microwave as can oats in 2 min. Get kilo bags of microwave veg for 2e.

I lost almost 6 stone by doing these things. Everybody has the time. From Jan to May this year i had my thesis, college workload as well as a weekend course and worked every evening during the week and i still found the time to train, study, work and prepare food to last for my lunces and dinners for a few days. A good hour will give you a weeks worth of lunches. Hell all you have to do is buy 7 tubs of cottage cheese, 7 tins of tuna or grill/boil/cook 7 chicken breasts and microwave some frozen veg and you have a decent lunch every day for yourself. If you want a shake for meal replacement - the whey shake which is much better has already been presented.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

ULstudent wrote: »
    I lost almost 6 stone by doing these things.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Sorry O/T but I didn't know that. That is an AMAZING achievement, and in 4th year too! wow wow wow..

• Advertisement

Cheers - i didn't lose it in 4th year though - lost it since i started college gradually. I just didn't want to gain any weight over 4 th year with all the commitments and no running due to injury so i prepped up my meals which i normally do anyway if i know i won't have access to decent food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rubytaylor

Hi My Beauty, I am in the same place as yourself, have just recently tried out the Celebrity Slim and a lot of people it seems here are being very negtive so pass no remarks and keep with it. On day 6 and have lost 4 pounds. I have a stone and a half to lose intend to stick with this and follow the maintenance low GI programme after. The celebrity slim.ie forum has some useful tips, motivational storis and recipes on it. Best of luck!!!:)

Advertisement