Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic in the evening - fastest way home?

Options
  • 21-07-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

hi, Im starting a new job in town soon and would appreciate some feedback on the fastest route out of work in the evening. I will be driving as there is free parking in the job.

the job is on Merrion Square (Lower Mount St) and I need to get back to clondalkin.

my options are:
    1. The canal -> Crumlin Longmile road -> nangor road
    2. South Circular road -> Crumlin Longmile road -> nangor road
    3. Head to The Quays -> N4 Back to Lucan/clondalkin
    Perhaps if you work and drive in the city you could tell me whats areas are a no go and what route is best.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Get a motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

hi, Im starting a new job in town soon and would appreciate some feedback on the fastest route out of work in the evening. I will be driving as there is free parking in the job.

the job is on Merrion Square (Lower Mount St) and I need to get back to clondalkin.

my options are:
    1. The canal -> Crumlin Longmile road -> nangor road
    2. South Circular road -> Crumlin Longmile road -> nangor road
    3. Head to The Quays -> N4 Back to Lucan/clondalkin
    Perhaps if you work and drive in the city you could tell me whats areas are a no go and what route is best.

thanks
    depends on your work hours tbh

option 1 - canal is a nightmare outbound from leeson st to harold's cross most days
    option 3 - seems a long way around and as far as i know, n4 around phoenix park/palmerstown is a bit cack

option 2 looks alright, again depends on the time of day. you can be lucky and grab a window when traffic is actually moving. when the kids go back to school its gonna take a bit longer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Or take the 51D Expresso bus - It uses the N4 bus lanes - Goes to Waterloo Road in the mornings via Baggot Street and returns from Aston Quay, so you'd get a walk in!

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/51d/

Advertisement