Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom

• 21-07-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or if youre all sick of answering these questions but im looking into getting high speed broadband and due to various reasons im stuck with only one option which is Smart Telecom.

Im thinking of going for their 24mb package, does anyone have 24meg with them and what do they think of it?

Or better yet is anyone in Dublin 14 and can recommend a good provider that isnt Eircom?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Or better yet is anyone in Dublin 14 and can recommend a good provider that isnt Eircom?

UPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

i have smart 15mb, but would have gone upc if i could. i cant get 24mb, well they said i can try but prop wont get more than 15, but id still have to pay the 24 amount even if my max was 18. gay. will get upc the minute i can. had 20mb with them before move, was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I had Smart Telecom for nearly 5 years. Fantastic company. The best service I have ever gotten from an ISP.

My router died on a Thursday evening. I rang them up and did some basic troubleshooting. The agent confirmed it was dead. The new router arrived the next day.

I had an outage for a day when there was road works on my road, and they upgraded my line for free for 3 months as a 'sorry'.

Absolutely go with Smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I've been with them for 18 month now and in generally think they are great. Had very little problems and generally speeds are very good (only on 7mb connection at moment).

That said if I could get UPC i would, but only cause I have no use for line rental so prefer not to pay for it and get everything through cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

RangeR wrote: »
    UPC

If only... Unfortunately despite having a huge UPC billboard next to my house they're not in my area and probably wont be in the near future otherwise this problem would have been well sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I am also with Smart - one of the early adopters, so free line rental.

Only concern is they have been bought recently by DigiWeb - so far no change/degradation in service.

Have only have to call Customer Service 3 times - 90% happy. Only time was not so happy was the rep I was dealing with - we both had difficulty understanding each other - just rang back later and spoke to someone else.

Will be looking to switch soon due to house move - so will be looking to another provider more than like with no caps on traffic - work has large files so would be paying through the nose with other providers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No caps never really existed (just large caps and they only told you if you went over) Unless you are moving to Dungarvin there will be a Cap. Even if they say there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

watty wrote: »
    No caps never really existed (just large caps and they only told you if you went over) Unless you are moving to Dungarvin there will be a Cap. Even if they say there isn't

Thats good to hear, i always figured as much since i used to destroy the caps i was given back in the heydays but i was on to Smart today and got a very stringent sounding rundown of the different caps including increases you can pay for so i figured if they're charging for cap increases theyre probably going to get tough on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Thats good to hear, i always figured as much since i used to destroy the caps i was given back in the heydays but i was on to Smart today and got a very stringent sounding rundown of the different caps including increases you can pay for so i figured if they're charging for cap increases theyre probably going to get tough on them.

They will and do. Money is tight.

Advertisement