Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Not Better

• 21-07-2010 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've sometimes been accused of thinking that I'm better than everyone else and that I make people feel stupid. As recently as last night my girlfriend said it to me.

The problem is that I don't realise that I am doing this and I cannot recognise it even after it has happened. I really have no idea exactly what it is that makes people feel that way. In fact, the only reason I even know about it is because of the few people that have remarked upon it. I can only assume that there are many others thinking the same thing but choose not to remark upon it.

Has anyone else ever been successful in dealing with this issue? I really have no idea of what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

NotBetter wrote: »
    . As recently as last night my girlfriend said it to me.

when she said it to you, did you say "in what way?"

If so - what did she say?

If not - go do it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well they say that communication is

7% Words
    38% Tone
    55% Body Language

so I think you should analyze what you are doing in all three areas, to see what you are doing from the others to see what is making you appear aloof.. There are many books on rapport/persuasion/communication/relationships that you can buy to show you how to fit in.

It's also a good rule of thumb to play back what you are going to say in your head before you say it..

Advertisement