Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pole dancing for fitness

Options
  • 21-07-2010 10:57am

i went to one but it was a bit lame not enough poles any one know of a good one in cork ? anyone recommend a good one ? ty :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

[quote=[Deleted User];67033651]i went to one but it was a bit lame not enough poles any one know of a good one in cork ? anyone recommend a good one ? ty :D[/QUOTE]

Hi! I don't go myself but theres a few girls I know who go to one in Ballincollig and say that one is good. I also know of one on Barrack street but don't know enough about it..

http://showgirlstudio.vpweb.ie/

Would you defo do it again so?? My friend keeps asking me to do it and I keep saying no.. Is it all girls??
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

i went to that one in barrack street not enough poles loads of standing around meh but yes it was all girls i would like to do it again def its great for fitness and a laugh :D should check out the one in ballincollig then

When I lived in Dublin I went out with a lapdancer for a few weeks, she was well fit. that head shop / or whatever shop on Barrack Street used to have a sign up for poledancing classes. Edit, ue already have mentioned the Barrack Street place.

Ya I'd say check out the ballincollig one defo cause thats the one the girls go to. They said its a laugh and the trainer is lovely. I thought it was guys too for some reason. :o Might check it out so! Let me know what you think of the one in the collig if you end up checking it out please. :)

def going to text her today see when its on this week ! probably just end up in a pile on the floor haha;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

so i really want to do this too... my best friend does a class in Dublin and she says its some craic... plus she's unreal fit from it now! Please let me know how you get on in it Abram Harsh Transistor. thanks! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh I want to do this too! Where in Ballincollig is it? There's a class in the Sports Village here. That's not the same one, right?

Hi Faith it's a different one I think. I posted the link in my post above. A few girls I know go to this one and say it's brilliant! They're wrecked after it apparently but having an absolute laugh!

I checked out the website for the location for you -

We are located on the main street in the west side of Ballincollig village, in the same building as Helen's Beauty Centre and Hairy Fairies hairdressing salon. (It's the yellow building) We are adjacent to Lawlor's at the White Horse and in close proximity to L&N Supervalu. Ballincollig is about 10 minutes drive from Cork city.

I'd really like to do it too but I can't even go to the gym I'm way too self conscious I think. :( Ah well my loss!

Thanks, I thought that was the Barrack's street one. I've emailed the Sports Village one. I hope they reply!

I'll probably have to wait until September though, because at the moment I'm working every day to 6 on my feet, and I'm not sure I'd be physically able for heavy exercise afterwards!

hidid you here from the sports centre ? i got a text from the girl in ballincollig sayin she would call me in 2m ? never did what times days do they have ?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I heard back saying they're over for the summer, and they'll text me when they start again in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Faith wrote: »
    Yeah, I heard back saying they're over for the summer, and they'll text me when they start again in September.
    i really wanna go to this in sept! have wanted to do it for ages and i think im running out of excuses! :o

cool we could all go that way we wont chicken out ! ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Oh I'd love to do this too! Roll on September! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Faith wrote: »
    Oh I want to do this too! Where in Ballincollig is it? There's a class in the Sports Village here. That's not the same one, right?

Did a dance class with the girl who does the pole fitness here. She is fantastic very nice girl. At the time she was only learning how to pole dance herself and she found it hard. So good luck girls, lol:D:D

I never heard anything back about this. Has anyone looked into it further?

hi i am going to go to one in repunzells its going to be 100 for ten classes and there are 6 poles and the teacher dances in cork should be good anyone else want to come ?:D

the teacher dances in cork

in a strip club ?

yup around most clubs in the city

yup around most clubs in the city

There's only two of them. Both sh1te too it must be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭tough__cookie

i went to a class in Urban fitness Gym in blackpool,next to SouthDoc, it was great, there was 5 poles and no more than 2 girls per pole. It was 12 euro a class or 50 euro if you book 5 classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

i went to a class in Urban fitness Gym in blackpool,next to SouthDoc, it was great, there was 5 poles and no more than 2 girls per pole. It was 12 euro a class or 50 euro if you book 5 classes.

What times are those classes on, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭tough__cookie

these are the times for the beginners pole fitness classes in Urban Fitness, monday 7.30pm also on at 9.30 pm wednesday 6.30pm and 9.30 pm and friday 7.30 pm. You need to book the class in advance though, heres the number Lianna 0879706209

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Liana_M

these are the times for the beginners pole fitness classes in Urban Fitness, monday 7.30pm also on at 9.30 pm wednesday 6.30pm and 9.30 pm and friday 7.30 pm. You need to book the class in advance though, heres the number Lianna 0879706209

thx alot chick for advertising my classes, anyon elikes to start more than welcome also circuit classes and spinning if anyone intrested and zumba comin in may.xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

It seems to be catching on as I heard that the K2C gym in Blackpool is going to have pole fitness classes soon, and there is a dance studio in Ballincollig that does it.

Advertisement