Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Savage

Options
  • 21-07-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Everyone's ranting and raving about Sweet Savage supporting Iron Maiden. You only have to scroll down MCDs facebook to see comments like 'Sweet Savage? Seriously?'..

YES we wanted to see Heaven and Hell
    YES we've seen Sweet Savage before
    YES mcd are probably making money over this

But seriously, how many of us have given them a proper listen?
    Most of us know them by 'killing time' but they've a lot of other class songs like Eye of the Storm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6BBmDO9dZ4&feature=related) and Sweet Surrender (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkikKV8PjF4)
    Give them a chance, they're an irish act that's finally getting some deserved credit. You only have to scroll down MCDs facebook to see comments like 'Sweet Savage? Seriously?'.. That must feel pretty **** for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Fair enough that it is an Irish act, but it is an act that has nothing new to offer. There are plenty of new Irish bands out there that should have got the spot, Primordial, Glyder, The Answer....

If I do get my tickets I will give them a chance, but it just seems that we have been short changed once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I do feel bad for them, its not their fault they got asked to support. I'd say its more got to do with the fact that it was supposed to be Heaven and Hell, so when they pulled out, a band of that stature (or close to it) should have ben drafted in to replace them. Probably would've been similar reaction to majority of bands in that case.

So irregardless of whether I like them or not, its more comparing them to H&H, which they cannot live up to. Hope it oesn't filter to the gig though and they get a bad reception either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maiden fan are pretty hard to please when it comes to support so i guess Sweet Savage will have a bad time.

I personally blame MCD's handling of the whole affair, not Sweet Savages fault but unfortunately they're the one's who are gonna be takin the brunt of it come next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Yes, getting to play with Iron Maiden in exchange for a few bad facebook comments must feel really ****. Poor Sweet Savage.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Saw them supporting Metallica few years ago, fairly meh I thought

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Yes, when you get Maiden, you dont expect them to be backed by a Irish Band, with a questionably large Fanbase. In line with AC/DC's support acts (The Answer & The Blizzards), and the announcements of Lamb Of God and The Sword on Metallica's bill, it appears that MCD feel they have free reign over fans once the main act is established.

In fairness to Sweet Savage, they are one of the few support acts which stick out in my mind as enjoyable. I have stood in pits with my middle finger pointed at Him, Avenged Sevenfold, Lostprophets, and The Blizzards, but I had no intention of doing so to Sweet Savage after they got going at the Metallica gig in 2008. I really enjoyed thier set, and began listening to more of their stuff. As such, seeing Ray Haller on stage with Metallica for "Killing Time" was special.

If I go to Maiden, I will go and see the entire SSavage set.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Fair enough that it is an Irish act, but it is an act that has nothing new to offer. There are plenty of new Irish bands out there that should have got the spot, Primordial, Glyder, The Answer....

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kazvixen

ah crap - i've just seen that now. might try sell my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

i dont see anything great about these guys ,noting special ,their myspace also sugessts they are from the uk ,ill be in the pub for their performance ,mcd =:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm seeing them in Sonisphere next weekend, they're on one of the smaller stages and it was a bit of a surprise, but a nice one, to see them there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wasn't at it, but I remember a load of my friends giving out about them supporting Metallica before (I think they replaced Down, so that could have been part of the reason..). Either way, they didn't seem too popular, none of my friends really seemed to enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I saw them in the Crofton Airport Hotel 30 years ago supporting Wild Horses, a band put together by Brian Robertson and Jimmy Bain. Viv Campbell was in the band at the time. It's hard to believe they are still on the go as their output isn't huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Probably cos they don't know any different, either plod on or McDonalds.

Sort of reminds me of this guy, funny as fcuk

Advertisement