Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Acceptance form for HEG

Options
  • 21-07-2010 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Can anyone tell me when/how it is possible to get FA1 form filled in. I have accepted my offer from CAO but have yet to hear from DIT. Don't want to wait too long as the closing date is 31 August.
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd ring up the admissions office in DIT and ask them what to do. They might send you out a letter stating that you have accepted a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

You can fill it in and send it off now. Just attach your CAO offer notice to it and that will be fine. Once your grant is approved they will send you a form that the Uni has to stamp to say you have registered and you can get that done when you go into for orientation/registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dratsab.live

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hi guys,

Just to clarify what the FA-1 form is about.

Firstly, you can download it from here: http://www.dit.ie/media/images/study/maturestudents/2010%20Form%20FA-1.pdf

Secondly, and this is important:

You do not need to have the FA-1 form stamped by the college, nor do you have to wait until registering as a student before sending it in.

The reason that the FA-1 form exists is so that you can apply for your grant before you ever receive an offer from DIT (or whatever college). Once you receive and accept your offer, you then fill out the FA-1 form with the exact details of the course that you are accepting and send it in (accompanied with a copy of your CAO Offer and/or DIT Offer Letter) to the same Local Authority to which you sent your original grant application.

So, the basic grant application process is:

1) Fill out Grant Application form (the big form, 16 pages) ASAP

2) Send application form (with originals and copies of supporting documentation and a self addressed envelope) to your Local Authority

3) Once you have received and accepted your offer, send in the FA-1 form to the same authority.

Bob

Advertisement