Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

banned twice in a month

• 21-07-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

the only reason they gave me was code of conduct with motto."rep is for reptiles" and" im in the top 100 buds" how can anyone take offence with this .....i have been beating a lot of top 10 players on tigerwoods 11 lately and theres rumours of clicks of players playing each other 3 ways on 4ball to get extra points .this is fine with me ive never posted anything in lobbys and i never play golf with a mic....i just find the whole experience very kim jong ill.look at this guy creeping up the leaderboards ....lets gang up on him and get him a ban ....the feedback on xbox live is a joke.....how long am i banned for does anyone know....?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the buds one prob got you banned coz they took it as a drugs reference, should be easy enough to get that one overturned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Well "rep is for reptiles" I guess could be negative comments about the rep service, but eh.
    The Top 100 buds thing I don't get.

The best advice I can give you is to make a thread on the Xbox forums (they have a special area for Profile complaints and bannings), the moderators there are great are replying from what I've seen. Ask why, and how long and they should be able to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

it should say so in an email you'll receive...probable 24 - 48 hours. Remove your motto so when the other players complain theres nothing they can ban you for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Well "rep is for reptiles" I guess could be negative comments about the rep service, but eh.
    The Top 100 buds thing I don't get.

The best advice I can give you is to make a thread on the Xbox forums (they have a special area for Profile complaints and bannings), the moderators there are great are replying from what I've seen. Ask why, and how long and they should be able to find out.

top 100 buds was refering to my buddys that i got in to the top 100 on tiger woods....im very angry about this its pathetic ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just remove it and rape the Fook out of those fools when you can play again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Or look at their profiles and report them get into a huge tit for tat banning with all the rest andwhen your not looking ill sneek in and take top spot !!!

i cant even try to get it overturned because i cant sign in to forum....ive tried to ring the help line twice but no matter how hard i try i cant make out what the call centre guy is saying....a mate rang to say my second ban will be for 7 days .is this true as there is no way of telling.they said in email to check my dashboard but i need to be signed in..thank the lord for my dusty ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

There really are some absolute tools on Xbox live. Im after getting banned. Tried to sign in and it said im banned untill the 21st/ 7th which is today!

I play alot of Fifa and even though I dont quit early and play sporting or even talk over the mic I have been banned after a user(s) filed a complaint about my bio.

I have "say no to custom tactics in fifa 10 because theyre terribly gay". Only a day before I beat some fella and he sent me an angry message saying he lost because his connection was slow and that I better change my profile. It must be the terribly gay part but seriously didnt think it deserved a banning over and they could of at least sent me an email to say change it or you will get a ban.

The same guy had "****" in his bio so I know where im headed once I get back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

almanu wrote: »
    top 100 buds was refering to my buddys that i got in to the top 100 on tiger woods....im very angry about this its pathetic ...

You have to remember they are yanks, bud is a well known nickname for bob marleys "special" cigs over there so that would be why that happened.

The reptiles thing is beyond me though :confused:

ok guys after alot of emails and ps3 messages , it seems theres a guy with 4 yes 4 xbox,s .if your in the top 100 leaderboards on tigerwoods 11 .he will (apparently) try report you for the slightest thing, ie "buds" "etc .i got in to top 100 last month ,got a ban almost the same day.i get back on get myself back into the top 100 get banned again ,this time for a week.i have 6 players who i play the odd time 4 have been banned also when they made top 100.
    i wont name him as i feel i would be stooping to his level...all i will say is he,s french (grr) and has 4 profiles in the top 10.
    cant microsoft just see if all complaints come from the same isp.
    my week ban might aswell be 3 weeks as it will take me that long to catch up with the pack.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

jesus man, the frenchy has got serious issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

almanu wrote: »
    ok guys after alot of emails and ps3 messages , it seems theres a guy with 4 yes 4 xbox,s .if your in the top 100 leaderboards on tigerwoods 11 .he will (apparently) try report you for the slightest thing, ie "buds" "etc .i got in to top 100 last month ,got a ban almost the same day.i get back on get myself back into the top 100 get banned again ,this time for a week.i have 6 players who i play the odd time 4 have been banned also when they made top 100.
    i wont name him as i feel i would be stooping to his level...all i will say is he,s french (grr) and has 4 profiles in the top 10.
    cant microsoft just see if all complaints come from the same isp.
    my week ban might aswell be 3 weeks as it will take me that long to catch up with the pack.:eek:

Post his tag. Out the bastaard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I've just noticed that my mates motto has been something like "fú€k u ya cú.n.t" and the bio as something very bad lol, don't think id be allowed post it here. He hasn't changed his motto or bio in like nearly 2 years :eek: but he hasn't been banned ha-ha

He also has very poor rep, like 80% avoided. Me and mates used to abuse Americans LOTS after a very drunken night on his account also but hes never been banned or suspended, not even once. Hahaha, lucky or is it just shít work by Microsoft?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I've just noticed that my mates motto has been something like "fú€k u ya cú.n.t" and the bio as something very bad lol, don't think id be allowed post it here. He hasn't changed his motto or bio in like nearly 2 years :eek: but he hasn't been banned ha-ha

He also has very poor rep, like 80% avoided. Me and mates used to abuse Americans LOTS after a very drunken night on his account also but hes never been banned or suspended, not even once. Hahaha, lucky or is it just shít work by Microsoft?

Post his bio. :D

I endorse it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Nah man cant haha, ill get banned. Its just odd that hes never been susepended or warned even after all hes done on his account. And he plays the typical fifa and cod 4 games like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

My mate have "X is gay", X being my profile name, for about a year. I even reported it to get him in some hot water for a laugh but nothing was ever done. I haven't had a proper internet connection for a while and his Xbox is bust so it's probably still there. While it's a bit of messing between us I would have thought something would have been made of it. What's happened to the OP is way over the top.

joe123 wrote: »
    I have "say no to custom tactics in fifa 10 because theyre terribly gay".

You do realise that's offensive to homosexuals? You're implying it's a negative thing. I'd report you.

name and shame him i would really love too , but i dont want to as it might be veiwed as some type of online bullying ,i remember i played the guy on saturday and beat him actually as far as i remember he quit,typically french ,also a friend rang me this morning to say he wasnt very popular in the lobby last night.ie setting 10 sec shot clocks ,posting the game he set as amature when it was tour mode .basically all the things that are frowned upon .
    all i can say is the game is released just a month ago ,as he is not very good and using these type of underhanded tactics to stay top, this guy is going to have one hell of a frustrating year lol.plus all the regular players the guys and girls ive been playing for years all have him sussed out.
    i think ill just take my weeks ban like a man ,then its all out war.lol
    watch out for Fat potatoes in the tiger woods 11 top 100 .

also off topic here but if any of you guys need any tip on the game ,ill be only too happy the share my knowledge.all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

You do realise that's offensive to homosexuals? You're implying it's a negative thing. I'd report you.

You would actually go to the bother of reporting me for having called something "terribly gay". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeah, nothing like political correctness to sort the world out eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Well I play MW2 quite a bit and if I come accross someone consistantly acting the muppet (camping / witching) these are usually sulky teens who have no concept of how politically correct your bio needs to be for MS so nearly always have something MS will take offence to so a nice complaint gets sent for some time off for them.

Like agent Valentine in Lord of war said...."I dont see it as taking a day away from you but more like giving a day back to your victims" .... some time off might help him play the game properly. Its not a major hassle to complain someone, takes about 30 seconds or less. Its a great way to get rid of muppets for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

joe123 wrote: »
    You would actually go to the bother of reporting me for having called something "terribly gay".

Well you dangled the carrot knowing what most Xbox live users are like, so to be fair, imo you only have yourself to blame on that one.

OP does seem hard done by though.

How do you know he didnt mean the proper meaning to Gay and ment that FIFA tactics are very festive and happy. Rather than being terribly homosexual. Not sure what a terrible homosexual would be like maybe they would wear black and navy :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Well you dangled the carrot .

well if you do that on camera you deserve to get banned ! :D

off topic but i just asked my brother who happens to be gay, does he have a problem with the word gay being used to discribe his sexuality.his answer was quite amusing.apparently the majority of gay people prefere that label its straight people who have the problem with the word GAY.food for tought

Whut?
    It's the word being used as a negative comment that I've a problem with.
    A glitch in Red Dead that results in your death is not gay, it's ****ty.
    A team killer is not a fag, he's a selfish jackass.

Apologies for going off topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi guys,
    Lets keep things on topic going forward on this thread. Almanu, I can understand your annoyance regarding the bans. Also, I agree with you that it is better not to name the individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

maybe you were banned for being top 100 in a golf game :p. seriously though some people are sad c*nts when it come to leaderboards. its like that codemajic person playing w@w on ps3. he's on youtube showing how he has several ps3's and just killed himself or glitched into bootcamp TDM to top the kills leaderboard.

you should record yourself destroying him when you get back online and post it up here. :D

maybe you were banned for being top 100 in a golf game :p. seriously though some people are sad c*nts when it come to leaderboards. its like that codemajic person playing w@w on ps3. he's on youtube showing how he has several ps3's and just killed himself or glitched into bootcamp TDM to top the kills leaderboard.

you should record yourself destroying him when you get back online and post it up here. :D

codemajic grrr my son showed me a photo of him on facebook a while back, he has the ultimate "MOM GET ME A SODA BTCCH" face on him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't worry and be happy in the knowledge that topping an online leaderboard in a videogame is going to be the greatest achievement in this persons sad, sad life. Does that make you feel better?

Advertisement