Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repainting flaking walls on house again!

• 21-07-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I've had a problem over the years with paint flaking off the walls of the house. I've tried Sandtex and Dulux with the same results.

The last time (3 years ago) we used Sandtex Stabilising Solution . While we had some success with this (it took a year longer for the paint to start flaking) we are back in square one again.

Is there any other technique or product on the market that is recommended for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i think you need to address the problem of the flaking paint rather than just covering it.

is the water coming though the wall or down from the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Hi Martron, thanks for the response. I don't know to be honest. The guttering was leaking in one area but has been repaired. The pealing is happening from all of the walls.

Other neighbours have the same problem and it has never been resolved. Another owner claimed that there was too much lime in the render or the wrong type of sand used.

The house needs to be dry lined from the inside but I don't know if that would have any bearing on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sounds like the render to be honest if your neighbours seem to have same problem.

i am not familiar with the produsts but sounds like you would need to seal the wall .

i am sure some of the painters here could suggest something for you

Advertisement