Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD freshers week???

Options
  • 21-07-2010 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello ,
    I'm starting in Trinity is September , I'm 25.
    I'm wondering is anyone else here around mid-late 20's going to freshers week and the nights out etc??

I don't know anyone else in TCD either....:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

TCD will have a mature student orientation week the week before Freshers week. Go to that and get chatting with people.

It's a great start to get a feel for the campus before the rest of the college starts the follow week.

Freshers is a bit mental. I should be around college then so if you PM me nearer the time I'll meet ya.

There is definitely a few others in here starting TCD in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

Hi, I'm starting TCD this year and am 27. I haven't had a very active social life the last couple of years with mortgage and living out of the city but I might be up for a night out or two attempting to recapture my early twenties.:D
    I'm a bit clueless about what is going to happen and when. When is Fresher's Week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NiamhTCD

Aisling&M wrote: »
    Hi, I'm starting TCD this year and am 27. I haven't had a very active social life the last couple of years with mortgage and living out of the city but I might be up for a night out or two attempting to recapture my early twenties.:D
    I'm a bit clueless about what is going to happen and when. When is Fresher's Week?

hi, I thinks it our first week?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think it's pencilled in for 20th September but that is subject to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cait83

I am starting in TCD in Sept. as well and I'm also 27. I am competely petrified - I lived abroad all my life and I don't really know anybody in Dublin. What courses will you guys be in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I'll be doing a tsm. Were you at the info morning?

No, I wasn't. I'm working until college starts. I will be at the orientation week though. I'll be studying law and political science.

Haven't had much of a social life either and what with not living in Dublin late nights in the city are a no-go area for me!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

Just found this forum it's great!

hi folks, i'm in my final year as a mature student in TCD, thank god!! ha ha just kidding it's been great.

I didn't do the info/orientation week thing, as i had already attended tcd, but i would recommend it for older maturies/or those new to tcd. You will potentially meet people in your course, or at the very least your faculty, which can make a big difference in those first few weeks, when it can be really hard! it's nice to know someone to have tea with!

I won't be around freshers week, as i won't have any classes, but like Larianne, i'd be happy to meet up with people, i know how nerve wracking it can be. I could meet up with people even before freshers week if that helps. I did arts first time around and now in science, so know most of the campus if anyone wanted a walk around! i'm close to tcd so it's no biggie

oh and FF to ye for going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

Also, ifirc, mature student soc should have a drinks thing in freshers week, good way to meet a few other oldies, just head to the stand and they'll tell ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement