Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a Reflector Server???

Options
  • 21-07-2010 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what a reflector server is. Without using to many techical words. Thanks:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 brianoconnell

Can you supply a context? A two minute google tells me it has a number of different meanings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 intern

Can you supply a context? A two minute google tells me it has a number of different meanings.

The context is "cameras connected to computers or mobile phones". It is some sort of device that when a signal is passed through from a camera to a computer or phone the relflecter server is somewhere in the middle to pass the message or signal along.I may not be explaining my self to good. this research is for an project and is vital to the result. wiki explains it using other technical language. any help would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭rfrederick

Could you put up a link to the wiki you're referencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

intern wrote: »
    The context is "cameras connected to computers or mobile phones". It is some sort of device that when a signal is passed through from a camera to a computer or phone the relflecter server is somewhere in the middle to pass the message or signal along.I may not be explaining my self to good. this research is for an project and is vital to the result. wiki explains it using other technical language. any help would be very much appreciated.

Sounds like a media converter - Something like this prehaps http://www.byremote.net/products/conversion/

Advertisement