Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Point Village Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

CucaFace wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother dealing with them anymore and just start to contact the Dublin city council regarding this.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-water-waste-and-environment-air-quality-monitoring-and-noise-control/noise

Do both, as DCC may ask for proof that you've engaged

Also check their planning permission - this, admittedly, may be hard as it would have been a DDDA application not a DCC one - to see if there is a decibel level and/or operating hours. If there is and they're within both you need to invest in earplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Pomberg wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just wondering has anyone had any dealings with Liffey Trust Studios? I live in Liffey Trust apartments over 3 years now and their attitude regarding noise control has got worse and worse. Three times this week the main studio has been BLARING. It’s either riverdance, some kids class or some plastic paddy trad session for Spanish students, as long as they’re getting money they don’t care.

I’ve rang them numerous times, called into them, messaged their page on FB and never to any avail.

I love living here and understand given the location, it’s bound to have noise. I live on the green bar side and must say they abide strictly to a smoking area curfew and have always responded fairly.
    The dance studios are just awful.
    Who is worth talking about this and has anyone tried to do so before?

I recently moved out after having lived in the Liffey trust for 5 years. I didn't notice the amount of noise pollution until I moved out. Between the studios, the bar, the Parties in the Student block, the noise from the train depot, the construction noise and the 3 arena show nights its 24/7 high volume noise pollution. I always thought I had a sleeping problem when in fact it was actually the non-stop noise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

The legal limit is 85 decibels sustained for a 10 minute period.

The noise level in a standard office enviroment is approx 60 decibels whereas a jet aircraft taking off would generate in the region of 130 decibels.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,059 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

L1011 wrote: »
    An Post possibly. Moving from the GPO which would then be modernised and rented out most likely.

I heard they were going to move cross the road to the new development where Cleary's used to be.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I heard they were going to move cross the road to the new development where Cleary's used to be.

That was a previous suggestion. Nothing at all is agreed yet

The actual retail post office won't be leaving the GPO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Bunch of unionised semi-state lads in their 50's are really going to fit in well in our trendy silicon docks right lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

There's been state agencies in the Docklands for years.

What has the GPO got to with this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Bunch of unionised semi-state lads in their 50's are really going to fit in well in our trendy silicon docks right lol

The Central Bank and NTMA moved down there without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Trendy? It's just a load of office blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

From today, parking has been removed in Castleforbes Square between it and the Liffey Trust complex. Should make the area a bit nicer once people get used to there being less free parking.

I just noticed they have done this.

I wonder will they now also police the teenagers who drink there now before concerts? Because they have now just created a better spot for them all to head to drink their cans and to leave the place in a complete mess after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

CucaFace wrote: »
    I just noticed they have done this.

I wonder will they now also police the teenagers who drink there now before concerts? Because they have now just created a better spot for them all to head to drink their cans and to leave the place in a complete mess after.

Report them to the guards when you see it. Store Street is the local station. Ph. 01 666 8000. They usually have Garda in in the surrounding area on concert nights. Also report the 3Arena to the council for the littering it causes in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Report them to the guards when you see it. Store Street is the local station. Ph. 01 666 8000. They usually have Garda in in the surrounding area on concert nights. Also report the 3Arena to the council for the littering it causes in the area.

oh ffs, leave them alone, who hasn't drank before a concert in their teens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

ye - but its a pain living there. There should be more police presence on concert nights. Especially after when there are queues of traffic blasting horns at each other until late into the next morning. And sh**e all over the place the next day.

kenmm wrote: »
    ye - but its a pain living there. There should be more police presence on concert nights. Especially after when there are queues of traffic blasting horns at each other until late into the next morning. And sh**e all over the place the next day.

well it was always gonna be the case close to the point. My gf's flat is closer to NCI and constantly Sheriff st kids screaming and shouting outside and harassing security guards, overall the good points outweigh the bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I don't live by the point, but I either, cycle by it or walk from the luas, on the way home. I can see why that would be horrible to live around. What gets me though is the amount of vomit on the ground at the start of some of the shows. I get it, kids on a long leash having a few drinks before a show/night out in town or whatever but just vomiting in the middle of pathways in the surrounding area?? and I usually see that at commuting hours so before the shows even begin. these lads need to learn how to pace themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Celltale_CMcN

The plan is for that area to changed so that the cars coming into/out of the under ground car parks wil go that way onto northwall avenue. When its finished the overall look and usability of the street should be greatly improved.

As for the noisey teenagers. Only a problem when teenager focused events are on in the 3arena. Majority of concerts dont have that problem. TBH anywhere you live close to the city centre has noise issues from pubs, clubs, teenagers, traffic etc etc. In the round I think we have it pretty good at CFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Celltale_CMcN

Does anybody know what is going into the corner unit of CFS and NorthWall avenue that has Let Agreed sign on it?

Medical center was mentioned up-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

oh ffs, leave them alone, who hasn't drank before a concert in their teens

I was offering a potential solution to a problem someone had so calm the hell down.

Personally I don’t mind them drinking as they are not usually there for long. It’s the urinating in public that I personally have an issue with. Not ice to look out your window to see.

I was offering a potential solution to a problem someone had so calm the hell down.

Personally I don’t mind them drinking as they are not usually there for long. It’s the urinating in public that I personally have an issue with. Not ice to look out your window to see.

Calm the hell down? Right...

• Advertisement

The darts last night had an extra specially awful crowd at it - bordering on MMA and WWE nights and possibly worse at the end when they were sloshed

The darts last night had an extra specially awful crowd at it - bordering on MMA and WWE nights and possibly worse at the end when they were sloshed

Yeah I was thinking last night how many kilos of cocaine were in that audience, ridiculous amounts I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

I know a few very early risers that'll be horrified at having to either pay or get in even earlier for the limited spaces on Sheriff Street!

Point is cheap if you can get them to show you the magic incantation on the ticket machines

What's the magic incarnation you speak of?

Go talk to the office on -1 about weekly tickets - there's a procedure you can do on *some* of the machines to get one. Officially you need an employer deal to get one but I suspect they'll show anyone who isn't a twat about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Go talk to the office on -1 about weekly tickets - there's a procedure you can do on *some* of the machines to get one. Officially you need an employer deal to get one but I suspect they'll show anyone who isn't a twat about it.

Do you know roughly how much it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

heffo500 wrote: »
    Do you know roughly how much it is?

€30 per week. Or at least that's what it was end of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

The Gala has now opened under Castleforbes Square Block B

Seems that they have no shelf label printer as there is no pricing on anything, but the shop does look nice.
    No idea who their target market is though as they are off the beaten path in terms of footfall. So i guess they are hoping for trade from Coopers Cross and the CFS Business park redevelopment

Didn't notice whether they had an off license - but i think not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think there enough people passing for footfall. There always people walking up and down that road.

Always people sitting in the seating area since it opened.

Beer/spirits off-licence costs easily 70k upfront to get going, well worth holding off on it to see what business is like. You can sell the licence for maybe 50k if you fail at it but its a lot of money down the drain.

Wine can be done very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Can't see there being enough business there now for 3 of these shops. Gala's location also easily the worst of the 3 as well, will make it more difficult.

Advertisement